Re: Online Backups with 8.0 -- Confused

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Online Backups with 8.0 -- Confused
Re: Online Backups with 8.0 -- Confused  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Online Backups with 8.0 -- Confused  (Pallav Kalva <pkalva@deg.cc>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 18:41 -0500, Jason DiCioccio wrote:

>   Now, realize that ..0022 was not in the archive directory, and
> actually is still not.  However, it seems to be requiring it.  Do I
> have to wait for this log to be archived?

Yes.

> Is there a way that I can
> force the archival of this WAL log?

No, other than write lots of stuff to a table.

Straight answers, but I hope that helps.

In retrospect, there is a slight timing error between end backup and
archival of next WAL log. The first-release design for PITR didn't fully
cover lower traffic situations, so in those cases the timing error
becomes noticeable. You're not the first to observe this, though only by
about a month.

I'm considering options for the next release, since major change seems
to be required to the basic xlog handling mechanisms.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs