Обсуждение: Question About PostgreSQL Extensibility

Question About PostgreSQL Extensibility

От
Sepideh Eidi

Hi madam/sir,

Our company want to use a database for first time, we select PostgreSQL from a list of open-source Databases. But at first, we want to be sure about something. We have some .net assemblies and in your documents, I didn’t find any support for this type of files that is executable in DB or not. Would you please tell me that .net assemblies files are executable in PostgreSQL or not? Or is there any way for calling assembly methods inside DB?

Best regard,

Sepideh Eidi

Software Development

REILHOFER KG

Zugspitzstraße 5 - 85757 Karlsfeld - Germany

Tel +49 8131 59295 72 - Fax +49 8131 97447

eidi@rhf.de - www.rhf.de

General Manager: Stefan Salvermoser. Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 65361

Вложения

Re: Question About PostgreSQL Extensibility

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Thu, 2023-10-12 at 06:09 +0000, Sepideh Eidi wrote:
> We have some .net assemblies and in your documents, I didn’t find any support for this
> type of files that is executable in DB or not. Would you please tell me that .net
> assemblies files are executable in PostgreSQL or not? Or is there any way for calling
> assembly methods inside DB?

There is no support for that.  I guess somebody could write an extension PL/net,
and it looks like somebody already has: https://github.com/witblitz/pldotnet.
That code ptobably won't work with recent PostgreSQL releases, but it could be
a basis for you to work upon.

My big question for me is: Why on earth would you want to run .NET code inside a
database?  Why not run it on the client?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Question About PostgreSQL Extensibility

От
Ilya Kosmodemiansky