Re: Question About PostgreSQL Extensibility

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Question About PostgreSQL Extensibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2023-10-12 at 06:09 +0000, Sepideh Eidi wrote:
> We have some .net assemblies and in your documents, I didn’t find any support for this
> type of files that is executable in DB or not. Would you please tell me that .net
> assemblies files are executable in PostgreSQL or not? Or is there any way for calling
> assembly methods inside DB?

There is no support for that.  I guess somebody could write an extension PL/net,
and it looks like somebody already has: https://github.com/witblitz/pldotnet.
That code ptobably won't work with recent PostgreSQL releases, but it could be
a basis for you to work upon.

My big question for me is: Why on earth would you want to run .NET code inside a
database?  Why not run it on the client?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe