Re: Question About PostgreSQL Extensibility

От felix.quintgz@yahoo.com
Тема Re: Question About PostgreSQL Extensibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
For the same reason that you can use python or perl in postgresql. It's just another language.
I have .net code running on several sql servers and to change the database to postgresql I have to reprogram them.

 On Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 09:44:08 AM GMT-4, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:

 On Thu, 2023-10-12 at 06:09 +0000, Sepideh Eidi wrote:
> We have some .net assemblies and in your documents, I didn’t find any support for this
> type of files that is executable in DB or not. Would you please tell me that .net
> assemblies files are executable in PostgreSQL or not? Or is there any way for calling
> assembly methods inside DB?

There is no support for that.  I guess somebody could write an extension PL/net,
and it looks like somebody already has: https://github.com/witblitz/pldotnet.
That code ptobably won't work with recent PostgreSQL releases, but it could be
a basis for you to work upon.

My big question for me is: Why on earth would you want to run .NET code inside a
database?  Why not run it on the client?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: psql \du no more showing "member of" column
Сообщение: Re: psql \du no more showing "member of" column