Обсуждение: Backup & Restore

Backup & Restore

От
Dor Ben Dov

Hi All,

What is your backup and restore solution in production when working with Postgres ?

(+ if you can say few words why you picked this X solution instead of others)

Regards,

Dor

This email and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs Email Terms of Service, which you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-terms-of-service

Re: Backup & Restore

От
Andreas Kretschmer

Am 24.02.20 um 09:18 schrieb Dor Ben Dov:

> Hi All,
>
> What is your backup and restore solution in production when working
> with Postgres ?

most of our customers using Barman: https://www.pgbarman.org/

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Backup & Restore

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Greetings,

* Dor Ben Dov (dor.ben-dov@amdocs.com) wrote:
> What is your backup and restore solution in production when working with Postgres ?
> (+ if you can say few words why you picked this X solution instead of others)

I'd recommend pgbackrest- https://www.pgbackrest.org, it's got lots of
great features including parallel backup, incremental and differential
backups, compression, encryption, and all of those can be used together.
pgbackrest also can parallelize WAL shipping if you're writing lots of
data.

There's other options out there, of course.  In any case, I strongly
recommend that you use one of the existing solutions and don't try to
roll your own.

Just to be clear- I'm also involved in the project (though not the
primary developer, that's David, who you'll also see on this list and on
the -hackers list contributing things to PostgreSQL).

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Re: Backup & Restore

От
"sivapostgres@yahoo.com"
Дата:
Hi
Can u suggest a good backup solution for a windows installation ?  Looks like the suggested two [ pgbarman, pgbackrest ] works only in Linux.

On Tuesday, 25 February, 2020, 01:46:33 am IST, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

Greetings,

* Dor Ben Dov (dor.ben-dov@amdocs.com) wrote:
> What is your backup and restore solution in production when working with Postgres ?
> (+ if you can say few words why you picked this X solution instead of others)

I'd recommend pgbackrest- https://www.pgbackrest.org, it's got lots of
great features including parallel backup, incremental and differential
backups, compression, encryption, and all of those can be used together.
pgbackrest also can parallelize WAL shipping if you're writing lots of
data.

There's other options out there, of course.  In any case, I strongly
recommend that you use one of the existing solutions and don't try to
roll your own.

Just to be clear- I'm also involved in the project (though not the
primary developer, that's David, who you'll also see on this list and on
the -hackers list contributing things to PostgreSQL).

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: Backup & Restore

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Greetings,

* sivapostgres@yahoo.com (sivapostgres@yahoo.com) wrote:
>  HiCan u suggest a good backup solution for a windows installation ?  Looks like the suggested two [ pgbarman,
pgbackrest] works only in Linux.

While it's certainly something we'd like to do, we haven't ported
pgbackrest to Windows yet.  That said, it's now entirely written in
reasonably portable C and so it shouldn't be too much effort to port it.

Until that's done though, and I can't say exactly when that port will
happen, your best option is probably pg_basebackup.

Of course, I'd strongly recommend you consider running PG on Linux
instead, particularly for a production environment.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

Re: Backup & Restore