Re: Backup & Restore

От sivapostgres@yahoo.com
Тема Re: Backup & Restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We do have plans to move to Linux in the future after the successful implementation of at least 4 or 5 projects.  Till then we want to keep windows. We were (are) using SQL Server (also) and this is our first one with Postgres.   With our manpower, we feel tough to switch two things (Database & OS) at a time.

We'll be using either pg_basebackup or pg_dump, as suitable, till we find a good backup solution.

On Tuesday, 25 February, 2020, 07:24:00 pm IST, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

Greetings,

* sivapostgres@yahoo.com (sivapostgres@yahoo.com) wrote:
>  HiCan u suggest a good backup solution for a windows installation ?  Looks like the suggested two [ pgbarman, pgbackrest ] works only in Linux.

While it's certainly something we'd like to do, we haven't ported
pgbackrest to Windows yet.  That said, it's now entirely written in
reasonably portable C and so it shouldn't be too much effort to port it.

Until that's done though, and I can't say exactly when that port will
happen, your best option is probably pg_basebackup.

Of course, I'd strongly recommend you consider running PG on Linux
instead, particularly for a production environment.

Thanks,

Stephen