Re: Backup & Restore

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Backup & Restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Dor Ben Dov (dor.ben-dov@amdocs.com) wrote:
> What is your backup and restore solution in production when working with Postgres ?
> (+ if you can say few words why you picked this X solution instead of others)

I'd recommend pgbackrest- https://www.pgbackrest.org, it's got lots of
great features including parallel backup, incremental and differential
backups, compression, encryption, and all of those can be used together.
pgbackrest also can parallelize WAL shipping if you're writing lots of
data.

There's other options out there, of course.  In any case, I strongly
recommend that you use one of the existing solutions and don't try to
roll your own.

Just to be clear- I'm also involved in the project (though not the
primary developer, that's David, who you'll also see on this list and on
the -hackers list contributing things to PostgreSQL).

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения