Обсуждение: [GENERAL] ora2pg - Java Message Service (JMS) Type

[GENERAL] ora2pg - Java Message Service (JMS) Type

От
Joanna Xu

Hi All,

We plan to use ora2pg tool to migrate Oracle to PostgreSQL.  During the testing, while importing content of the output.sql into PostgrSQL database, it terminated with the following error “ERROR:  type "aq$_jms_text_message" does not exist” for “user_data” column with “AQ$_JMS_TEXT_MESSAGE” as type.  In this case, if Java Message Service (JMS) types are not supported by Postgres, ora2pg would not be the right tool to use for the migration but I am not certain if it is true.  Can someone please advise?

psql -d wsp -U staging -W < /database/postgres/outputSTAGING.sql

Password for user staging:

SET

CREATE TABLE

:

CREATE TABLE

ALTER TABLE

CREATE INDEX

ERROR:  type "aq$_jms_text_message" does not exist

LINE 29:  user_data AQ$_JMS_TEXT_MESSAGE,

Thanks,

Joanna

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement, you may review at http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp

Re: [GENERAL] ora2pg - Java Message Service (JMS) Type

От
Poul Kristensen
Дата:
The R statistic software is using PostgreSQL. Oracle has a module to transform PostgreSQL tables very easy both ways. Just install R and the module. I can't remember the name of the module but try googling.

Hope it helps.

/Poul

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Poul Kristensen

Re: [GENERAL] ora2pg - Java Message Service (JMS) Type

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 05:22:07PM +0000, Joanna Xu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We plan to use ora2pg tool to migrate Oracle to PostgreSQL.  During the testing, while importing content of the
output.sqlinto PostgrSQL database, it terminated with the following error "ERROR:  type "aq$_jms_text_message" does not
exist"for "user_data" column with "AQ$_JMS_TEXT_MESSAGE" as type.  In this case, if Java Message Service (JMS) types
arenot supported by Postgres, ora2pg would not be the right tool to use for the migration but I am not certain if it is
true. Can someone please advise?

> psql -d wsp -U staging -W < /database/postgres/outputSTAGING.sql
> Password for user staging:
> SET
> CREATE TABLE
> :
> CREATE TABLE
> ALTER TABLE
> CREATE INDEX
> ERROR:  type "aq$_jms_text_message" does not exist
> LINE 29:  user_data AQ$_JMS_TEXT_MESSAGE,

Hello,

I forwarded your mail to the author, since he's not on this mailing-list.  This
issue should be fixed with commit
https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/commit/2c22d377e9f90fa6fa83cfe1fbead9eb3396a0f3.

If this bugfix is not enough or if you find other issues, could you report them
directly on github (https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/issues)?

Thanks!

--
Julien Rouhaud
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org

On Fri, Dec 11, 2016 12:43 PM, Julien Rouhaud wrote:

>>If this bugfix is not enough or if you find other issues, could you report them directly on github (https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/issues)?

Hi Julien,

Thanks for looking into the issue.

I tried and updated “Ora2Pg.pm” with the change suggested in https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/commit/2c22d377e9f90fa6fa83cfe1fbead9eb3396a0f3 (add “|TYPE” in the following line) but encountered the same issue "ERROR:  type "aq$_jms_text_message" while import the content of the output.sql into PostgreSQL database.

[kll0199:/u01/app/oracle/ora2pg-17.6/lib] egrep "has_limitation" Ora2Pg.pm | egrep -v "has_limitation ="

                if (!$self->{is_mysql} && !$has_limitation && ($arr_type[$i] =~ /TABLE|SEQUENCE|VIEW|TRIGGER|TYPE/)) {

At this point, I guess the issue occurred for that particular type “aq$_jms_text_message”.  So the key question would be : does Postgres database support “aq$_jms_text_message” type?  If postgres does not support this type, it will error out.  I would need confirmation on this please.

Thanks,

Joanna

On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 05:22:07PM +0000, Joanna Xu wrote:

> Hi All,

> We plan to use ora2pg tool to migrate Oracle to PostgreSQL.  During the testing, while importing content of the output.sql into PostgrSQL database, it terminated with the following error "ERROR:  type "aq$_jms_text_message" does not exist" for "user_data" column with "AQ$_JMS_TEXT_MESSAGE" as type.  In this case, if Java Message Service (JMS) types are not supported by Postgres, ora2pg would not be the right tool to use for the migration but I am not certain if it is true.  Can someone please advise?

> psql -d wsp -U staging -W < /database/postgres/outputSTAGING.sql

> Password for user staging:

> SET

> CREATE TABLE

> :

> CREATE TABLE

> ALTER TABLE

> CREATE INDEX

> ERROR:  type "aq$_jms_text_message" does not exist LINE 29:  user_data

> AQ$_JMS_TEXT_MESSAGE,

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement, you may review at http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp

Re: [GENERAL] ora2pg - Java Message Service (JMS) Type

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:

{

> At this point, I guess the issue occurred for that particular type "aq$_jms_text_message".  So the key question would
be: does Postgres database support "aq$_jms_text_message" type?  If postgres does not support this type, it will error
out. I would need confirmation on this please.

Unfortunately I have no idea what's "aq$_jms_text_message" type, but I don't
see any reason why it couldn't be migrated to PostgreSQL.  It really seems that
ora2pg miss to migrate this type for some reason, so you should open an issue
on https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/issues.  The author will have a better
answer than me on your problem.