Обсуждение: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От
André Cardoso
Дата:
myuser@mydebian8:~/pgadmin4-1.0/runtime$ ./pgAdmin4
Python path:  ""
Python Home:  ""
Webapp path:  "/home/myuser/pgadmin4-1.0/web/pgAdmin4.py"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/myuser/pgadmin4-1.0/web/pgAdmin4.py", line 24, in <module>
    from pgadmin import create_app
  File "/home/myuser/pgadmin4-1.0/web/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
    from flask import Flask, abort, request, current_app
ImportError: No module named flask
"Failed to launch the application server, server thread exiting."

Already tried to set PYTHONPATH with export PYTHONPATH=/usr/bin/python or whatever value but stills get the same message as above. "Python path" and "Python Home" stills empty.

How can I fix this?

  • Version of pgAdmin: pgAdmin4-1.0

  • The configure options used: qmake CONFIG+=debug and qmake CONFIG+=release

  • Operating system: Debian Jessie 8.6

  • Whether you're running in server or desktop mode: Desktop

  • Qt version and configure options used (if compiled from source): apt-get install qt4-default

  • The Python version and configure options used (if running in server mode): Python 2.7.9 (default, Jun 29 2016, 13:08:31)

  • Steps required to reproduce the problem
apt-get install qmake qt4-qmake python-dev qt4-qtconfig qt4-default
cd $PGADMIN4_SRC/runtime
qmake
make
./pgAdmin4

Python path:  ""
Python Home:  ""
Webapp path:  "/home/myuser/pgadmin4-1.0/web/pgAdmin4.py"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/myuser/pgadmin4-1.0/web/pgAdmin4.py", line 24, in <module>
    from pgadmin import create_app
  File "/home/myuser/pgadmin4-1.0/web/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
    from flask import Flask, abort, request, current_app
ImportError: No module named flask
"Failed to launch the application server, server thread exiting."

Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От
Johann Spies
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 11:03:17AM -0200, André Cardoso wrote:
> <module>
>     from flask import Flask, abort, request, current_app
> ImportError: No module named flask
> "Failed to launch the application server, server thread exiting."

> How can I fix this?

Try "pip-install Flask" and if necessary other Flask-related packages.

I have

$ pip list | grep Flask
Flask (0.11.1)
Flask-Babel (0.11.1)
Flask-Gravatar (0.4.2)
Flask-Login (0.3.2)
Flask-Mail (0.9.1)
Flask-Principal (0.4.0)
Flask-Security (1.7.5)
Flask-SQLAlchemy (2.1)
Flask-WTF (0.12)

but I don't know whether all if it is necessary.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager        Faks: 021-883 3691

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

The integrity and confidentiality of this email is governed by these terms / Hierdie terme bepaal die integriteit en
vertroulikheidvan hierdie epos. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer

Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Johann Spies <jspies@sun.ac.za> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 11:03:17AM -0200, André Cardoso wrote:
>> <module>
>>     from flask import Flask, abort, request, current_app
>> ImportError: No module named flask
>> "Failed to launch the application server, server thread exiting."

>> How can I fix this?
>
> Try "pip-install Flask" and if necessary other Flask-related packages.
>
> I have
>
> $ pip list | grep Flask
> Flask (0.11.1)
> Flask-Babel (0.11.1)
> Flask-Gravatar (0.4.2)
> Flask-Login (0.3.2)
> Flask-Mail (0.9.1)
> Flask-Principal (0.4.0)
> Flask-Security (1.7.5)
> Flask-SQLAlchemy (2.1)
> Flask-WTF (0.12)
>
> but I don't know whether all if it is necessary.

The requirements are listed in the requirements_py*.txt files in the
top of the source tree. You should be able to do:

pip install -r requirements_py2.txt

to get everything required, assuming you're using Python 2.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Please keep the list CC'd.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:42 PM, André Cardoso <andrekrieg@gmail.com> wrote:
> root@mydebian8:/home/i1854609/pgadmin4-1.0# pip install -r
> requirements_py2.txt
> Exception:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 122, in
> main
>     status = self.run(options, args)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 274,
> in run
>     for req in parse_requirements(filename, finder=finder, options=options,
> session=session):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 1632, in
> parse_requirements
>     req = InstallRequirement.from_line(line, comes_from,
> prereleases=getattr(options, "pre", None))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 173, in from_line
>     return cls(req, comes_from, url=url, prereleases=prereleases)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 71, in __init__
>     req = pkg_resources.Requirement.parse(req)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2793, in
> parse
>     reqs = list(parse_requirements(s))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2721, in
> parse_requirements
>     "version spec")
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2686, in
> scan_list
>     raise ValueError(msg, line, "at", line[p:])
> ValueError: ('Expected version spec in', "ordereddict; python_version <
> '2.7'", 'at', "; python_version < '2.7'")

I'd guess you have an old version of pip that doesn't understand the
environment marker on the very last line of the file. I would either:

- Upgrade pip

- Edit the requirements file and remove the last line if you have
Python 2.7 or remove everything from and including the ; onwards if
you have Python 2.6. Then, re-run pip install -r requirements_py2.txt.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От
André Cardoso
Дата:
I'm using Python 2.7.9...
Made changes to the last line of the requirements_py2.txt file keeping only ordereddict.

Got the errors below...

root@mydebian8:/home/mydebian8/pgadmin4-1.0# pip install -r requirements_py2.txt
Downloading/unpacking Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
  Cannot fetch index base URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/
  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
Cleaning up...
No distributions at all found for Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log

How can I set pip to use proxy?

Thank you!

Please keep the list CC'd.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:42 PM, André Cardoso <andrekrieg@gmail.com> wrote:
> root@mydebian8:/home/i1854609/pgadmin4-1.0# pip install -r
> requirements_py2.txt
> Exception:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 122, in
> main
>     status = self.run(options, args)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 274,
> in run
>     for req in parse_requirements(filename, finder=finder, options=options,
> session=session):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 1632, in
> parse_requirements
>     req = InstallRequirement.from_line(line, comes_from,
> prereleases=getattr(options, "pre", None))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 173, in from_line
>     return cls(req, comes_from, url=url, prereleases=prereleases)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 71, in __init__
>     req = pkg_resources.Requirement.parse(req)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2793, in
> parse
>     reqs = list(parse_requirements(s))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2721, in
> parse_requirements
>     "version spec")
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2686, in
> scan_list
>     raise ValueError(msg, line, "at", line[p:])
> ValueError: ('Expected version spec in', "ordereddict; python_version <
> '2.7'", 'at', "; python_version < '2.7'")

I'd guess you have an old version of pip that doesn't understand the
environment marker on the very last line of the file. I would either:

- Upgrade pip

- Edit the requirements file and remove the last line if you have
Python 2.7 or remove everything from and including the ; onwards if
you have Python 2.6. Then, re-run pip install -r requirements_py2.txt.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 4:01 PM, André Cardoso <andrekrieg@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Python 2.7.9...
> Made changes to the last line of the requirements_py2.txt file keeping only
> ordereddict.
>
> Got the errors below...
>
> root@mydebian8:/home/mydebian8/pgadmin4-1.0# pip install -r
> requirements_py2.txt
> Downloading/unpacking Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
>   Cannot fetch index base URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/
>   Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement Babel==1.3 (from
> -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
> Cleaning up...
> No distributions at all found for Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt
> (line 1))
> Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log
>
> How can I set pip to use proxy?

I have no idea I'm afraid.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От
Johann Spies
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 01:01:35PM -0200, André Cardoso wrote:

> How can I set pip to use proxy?

Just a guess:  try setting the shell variable (bash?) like this:

PROXY=http://someproxy.somewhere.org:3128

and then run pip.

Regards
JOhann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager        Faks: 021-883 3691

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

The integrity and confidentiality of this email is governed by these terms / Hierdie terme bepaal die integriteit en
vertroulikheidvan hierdie epos. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer

Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От
André Cardoso
Дата:
Hi!

Same problem with proxy.
Tried to set PROXY, http_proxy, https_proxy variables, but no go...

root@mydebian8:/home/mydebian8/pgadmin4-1.0# pip install -r requirements_py2.txt
Downloading/unpacking Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
  Cannot fetch index base URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/
  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
Cleaning up...
No distributions at all found for Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log

I will give up... Too trouble for me... Don't worth it...

Maybe the installation instructions needs to be more detailed. It is really weak.

Thank you for the help!

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 01:01:35PM -0200, André Cardoso wrote:

> How can I set pip to use proxy?

Just a guess:  try setting the shell variable (bash?) like this:

PROXY=http://someproxy.somewhere.org:3128

and then run pip.

Regards
JOhann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager          Faks: 021-883 3691

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

The integrity and confidentiality of this email is governed by these terms / Hierdie terme bepaal die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie epos. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer

Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 11:42 AM, André Cardoso <andrekrieg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Same problem with proxy.
> Tried to set PROXY, http_proxy, https_proxy variables, but no go...
>
> root@mydebian8:/home/mydebian8/pgadmin4-1.0# pip install -r
> requirements_py2.txt
> Downloading/unpacking Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
>   Cannot fetch index base URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/
>   Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement Babel==1.3 (from
> -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
> Cleaning up...
> No distributions at all found for Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt
> (line 1))
> Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log
>
> I will give up... Too trouble for me... Don't worth it...
>
> Maybe the installation instructions needs to be more detailed. It is really
> weak.

Pip isn't something we maintain - it's a pretty standard Python tool
for package management. Whilst I don't deny our instructions could use
further improvements, we're not going to start documenting low level
details of 3rd party tools - an analogous situation would be us
documenting the finer details of configuring APT or Yum. Doing so is
well outside of our expertise.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От
André Cardoso
Дата:
I'm not talking about APT, Yum or pip documentation...

README:
To build the runtime, the following packages must be installed:

- QT 4.6 or above (older versions may work, but haven't been tested).
- Python 2.6 or above.

QT 4.6 and Python have A LOT o packages. So the QT and Python "basic" installation do no work. No mention at all about uic command. Neither about requirements_py*.txt and a bunch of sh*t like Babel, beautifulsoup4, Flask etc.

I'm not a developer and think at least 90% of DBAs out there aren't it too... I don't want to make my workstation a Python development machine, so for now pgAdmin4 don't worth the trouble...

Hi

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 11:42 AM, André Cardoso <andrekrieg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Same problem with proxy.
> Tried to set PROXY, http_proxy, https_proxy variables, but no go...
>
> root@mydebian8:/home/mydebian8/pgadmin4-1.0# pip install -r
> requirements_py2.txt
> Downloading/unpacking Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
>   Cannot fetch index base URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/
>   Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement Babel==1.3 (from
> -r requirements_py2.txt (line 1))
> Cleaning up...
> No distributions at all found for Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py2.txt
> (line 1))
> Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log
>
> I will give up... Too trouble for me... Don't worth it...
>
> Maybe the installation instructions needs to be more detailed. It is really
> weak.

Pip isn't something we maintain - it's a pretty standard Python tool
for package management. Whilst I don't deny our instructions could use
further improvements, we're not going to start documenting low level
details of 3rd party tools - an analogous situation would be us
documenting the finer details of configuring APT or Yum. Doing so is
well outside of our expertise.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 12:07 PM, André Cardoso <andrekrieg@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not talking about APT, Yum or pip documentation...

Except the problem you reported is clearly a problem with getting pip working.

> README:
> To build the runtime, the following packages must be installed:
>
> - QT 4.6 or above (older versions may work, but haven't been tested).
> - Python 2.6 or above.
>
> QT 4.6 and Python have A LOT o packages. So the QT and Python "basic"
> installation do no work. No mention at all about uic command. Neither about
> requirements_py*.txt and a bunch of sh*t like Babel, beautifulsoup4, Flask
> etc.

Hmm, not sure how that got missed from there. I'll fix it.

> I'm not a developer and think at least 90% of DBAs out there aren't it
> too... I don't want to make my workstation a Python development machine, so
> for now pgAdmin4 don't worth the trouble...

Right - and we don't want users to have to deal with this.
Unfortunately noone has written packages for your platform yet - and I
don't have the time or experience with Debian to do it myself. We do
have packages for Yum based platforms as well as Windows and Mac.