Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin4 - cannot run on Debian 8
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 12:07 PM, André Cardoso <andrekrieg@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not talking about APT, Yum or pip documentation...

Except the problem you reported is clearly a problem with getting pip working.

> README:
> To build the runtime, the following packages must be installed:
>
> - QT 4.6 or above (older versions may work, but haven't been tested).
> - Python 2.6 or above.
>
> QT 4.6 and Python have A LOT o packages. So the QT and Python "basic"
> installation do no work. No mention at all about uic command. Neither about
> requirements_py*.txt and a bunch of sh*t like Babel, beautifulsoup4, Flask
> etc.

Hmm, not sure how that got missed from there. I'll fix it.

> I'm not a developer and think at least 90% of DBAs out there aren't it
> too... I don't want to make my workstation a Python development machine, so
> for now pgAdmin4 don't worth the trouble...

Right - and we don't want users to have to deal with this.
Unfortunately noone has written packages for your platform yet - and I
don't have the time or experience with Debian to do it myself. We do
have packages for Yum based platforms as well as Windows and Mac.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company