Обсуждение: www search behaviour

www search behaviour

От
"Gevik Babakhani"
Дата:
I am trying to search for "to_char" in mailing archives but I get results
with "char". Is this correct?
Just try searching for "NON_EXEC_STATIC" and mixed results is shown.

Regards,
Gevik

Re: www search behaviour

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Gevik Babakhani wrote:

> I am trying to search for "to_char" in mailing archives but I get results
> with "char". Is this correct?
> Just try searching for "NON_EXEC_STATIC" and mixed results is shown.

We discussed this several times and know what to do. Seems, Magnus
is busy with other things

> Regards,
> Gevik

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: www search behaviour

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 08:50:19AM +0300, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Gevik Babakhani wrote:
>
> >I am trying to search for "to_char" in mailing archives but I get results
> >with "char". Is this correct?
> >Just try searching for "NON_EXEC_STATIC" and mixed results is shown.
> >

> We discussed this several times and know what to do. Seems, Magnus
> is busy with other things

Yeah, it's climbing up my TODO list...

//Magnus

Re: www search behaviour

От
"Gevik Babakhani"
Дата:
> Yeah, it's climbing up my TODO list...

Anything that I can do to help?

Re: www search behaviour

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Gevik Babakhani wrote:

>> Yeah, it's climbing up my TODO list...
>
> Anything that I can do to help?

Several variants:

1. Create custom parser for pgweb, which doesn't mean that '_' is a
separator
2. Create synonym dictionary for pgweb, which lists all pg specific
terms

1. is a most right way, 2. is a most easy way, just create word stats,
see all terms with '_' and create pgvars dictionary like
some_word some_word

Then created text search configuration , test it and give it to Magnus.
btw, Magnus, did you move to 8.3 ?

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: www search behaviour

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:54:34AM +0300, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Gevik Babakhani wrote:
>
> >>Yeah, it's climbing up my TODO list...
> >
> >Anything that I can do to help?
>
> Several variants:
>
> 1. Create custom parser for pgweb, which doesn't mean that '_' is a
> separator
> 2. Create synonym dictionary for pgweb, which lists all pg specific
> terms
>
> 1. is a most right way, 2. is a most easy way, just create word stats,
> see all terms with '_' and create pgvars dictionary like
> some_word some_word

Didn't we also talk about option 3, a custom dictionary that strips the
underscores? Where could poteitnally use the regexp one as well?

If you do pt 2, I can put it in right away. It'll take a reindexing of the
whole db though. (Well, any of the options will)

> Then created text search configuration , test it and give it to Magnus.
> btw, Magnus, did you move to 8.3 ?

Yes, we're on 8.3. And it's great ;-)

//Magnus

Re: www search behaviour

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> Anything that I can do to help?
>>
>> Several variants:
>>
>> 1. Create custom parser for pgweb, which doesn't mean that '_' is a
>> separator
>> 2. Create synonym dictionary for pgweb, which lists all pg specific
>> terms
>>
>> 1. is a most right way, 2. is a most easy way, just create word stats,
>> see all terms with '_' and create pgvars dictionary like
>> some_word some_word
>
> Didn't we also talk about option 3, a custom dictionary that strips the
> underscores? Where could poteitnally use the regexp one as well?

I forget it :)

> If you do pt 2, I can put it in right away. It'll take a reindexing of the
> whole db though. (Well, any of the options will)
>

>> Then created text search configuration , test it and give it to Magnus.
>> btw, Magnus, did you move to 8.3 ?
>
> Yes, we're on 8.3. And it's great ;-)

I'm busy, I and Teodor are going to Toulouse (France) btw. I think Gevik
could help you. Custom parser will be not difficult. About dictionary -
http://vo.astronet.ru/arxiv/dict_regex.html, I'm not sure if it's ported
to 8.3. I'll ping author.

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: www search behaviour

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Gevik Babakhani wrote:
>
>>> Yeah, it's climbing up my TODO list...
>>
>> Anything that I can do to help?
>
> Several variants:
>
> 1. Create custom parser for pgweb, which doesn't mean that '_' is a
> separator

If it's of interest, I've got a custom parser here which is based on the
default defined in wparser_def.c but includes an "identifier" type which
allows underscores.

Bear in mind this is the first bit of C coding I've done in decades, but
it's only tweaking the default parser and adapting it to a contrib/
format so I don't think I could have gone that far wrong.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

Re: www search behaviour

От
"Gevik Babakhani"
Дата:
> If it's of interest, I've got a custom parser here which is
> based on the default defined in wparser_def.c but includes an
> "identifier" type which allows underscores.

Would it be possible to share this code with us?

Regards,
Gevik.

Re: www search behaviour

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Gevik Babakhani wrote:
>> If it's of interest, I've got a custom parser here which is
>> based on the default defined in wparser_def.c but includes an
>> "identifier" type which allows underscores.
>
> Would it be possible to share this code with us?

Oh course - don't know if this list allows attachments, I'll send you a
copy directly Gevik.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd