Обсуждение: ODBC driver further developments?

ODBC driver further developments?

От
"Philippe Lang"
Дата:
Hello,

Hiroshi Inoue, the maintainer of the Postgresql ODBC driver, mentionned
some time ago he was willing to stop working on the ODBC driver package.
Again, of course, I would like to thank him for all he did. I'm using
the latest known snapshot of the driver every day (in conjunction with
the latest MDAC), and I have no big problem with it.

I'm just wondering what is supposed to happen in the future? Is there
still anymone maintaining this driver? Postgresql is really a great
alternative to SQL Server, but without a top-qualiy driver, it is less
interesting, when linked to a windows client. What's more, I couldn't
find any viable commercial alternative to the official driver...

I'm willing to help, if I can. Can anyone clarify the situation?

Thanks

Philippe

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
Francis Leboutte
Дата:
At 4/04/2004 13:36, Philippe Lang wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Hiroshi Inoue, the maintainer of the Postgresql ODBC driver, mentionned
>some time ago he was willing to stop working on the ODBC driver package.
>Again, of course, I would like to thank him for all he did. I'm using
>the latest known snapshot of the driver every day (in conjunction with
>the latest MDAC), and I have no big problem with it.
>
>I'm just wondering what is supposed to happen in the future? Is there
>still anymone maintaining this driver? Postgresql is really a great
>alternative to SQL Server, but without a top-qualiy driver, it is less
>interesting, when linked to a windows client.

Not only to a windows client. For example, some development tools
that run on several OS use ODBC only to access databases. I agree
with you, a top-qualiy ODBC driver is something Postgresql really needs.

>What's more, I couldn't
>find any viable commercial alternative to the official driver...

I have been looking at several alternatives recently. The only
serious one seems to be OpenLink. You could have a look at
www.openlinksw.com and http://docs.openlinksw.com/mt/ (multi tier
driver). Moreover I know there are working to implement SSL in their multi tier driver.

Francis

>I'm willing to help, if I can. Can anyone clarify the situation?
>
>Thanks
>
>Philippe

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
"Gary Doades"
Дата:
On 4 Apr 2004 at 13:36, Philippe Lang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Hiroshi Inoue, the maintainer of the Postgresql ODBC driver, mentionned
> some time ago he was willing to stop working on the ODBC driver package.
> Again, of course, I would like to thank him for all he did. I'm using
> the latest known snapshot of the driver every day (in conjunction with
> the latest MDAC), and I have no big problem with it.
>
> I'm just wondering what is supposed to happen in the future? Is there
> still anymone maintaining this driver? Postgresql is really a great
> alternative to SQL Server, but without a top-qualiy driver, it is less
> interesting, when linked to a windows client. What's more, I couldn't
> find any viable commercial alternative to the official driver...
>
> I'm willing to help, if I can. Can anyone clarify the situation?
>
> Thanks
>
> Philippe

The best alternative I found was from OpenLink at
www.openlinksw.com.

I downloaded a trial of this driver which proved very stable with good
performance and features.

If you can afford it!

Cheers,
Gary.

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
It's rumoured that Philippe Lang once said:

> I'm willing to help, if I can. Can anyone clarify the situation?

Hi Philippe,

At the moment I guess I'm about the only person left, thought to be honest
my interest in the driver is very low these days as I have moved almost
exclusively to using libpq.
I'm happy to carry on managing the website for now, as well as applying
patches and handling the releases of the driver (in case you didn't
realise, it's me that packages and builds the formal releases).
Unfortunately I do not have time for any real coding, so any help on that
front would be appreciated. Also, my time is limited when it comes to
testing/checking patches - I will do what I can, but could really use
comments 'from the floor' for any submitted patches; the more eyes the
better!
Regards, Dave

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
"Dave Page"

Any contributions you can make would be appreciated :-)

We use MS Visual C++ at the moment (that's what the .mak makefiles are
for - the command line MS compiler). There is no special environment
required, simply run vcvars32.bat (or add the relevant bits to your
env), and then use something like 'nmake /f win32.mak' to build a DLL.

At the moment we have 3 builds, the ODBC2.5 (legacy) version, the ODBC3
version and the ODBC3 Unicode (beta) version. I want to move fairly
quickly to only the ODBC3 Unicode build and junk the rest.

Regards, Dave

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
Shachar Shemesh
Dave Page wrote:

>At the moment we have 3 builds, the ODBC2.5 (legacy) version, the ODBC3
>version and the ODBC3 Unicode (beta) version. I want to move fairly
>quickly to only the ODBC3 Unicode build and junk the rest.
>
>Regards, Dave

Does that mean that you have officially picked up the ODBC maintanance?
That's great news. I was fearing it will be left orphaned.

Are you interested in my list of gripes with the current code, btw?

       Shahcar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Systems Consulting

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

Дата:
Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
> >At the moment we have 3 builds, the ODBC2.5 (legacy) version, the ODBC3
> >version and the ODBC3 Unicode (beta) version. I want to move fairly
> >quickly to only the ODBC3 Unicode build and junk the rest.
> >
> >Regards, Dave
> >

> Does that mean that you have officially picked up the ODBC maintanance?
> That's great news. I was fearing it will be left orphaned.
>
> Are you interested in my list of gripes with the current code, btw?

With Hiroshi not working on it regularly now, we are all ready to jump
in and do whatever we can.  Dave is a Win expert, and I have saved a few
ODBC patches that I will post to the odbc list for discussion in the
next few weeks.

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
Shachar Shemesh
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>With Hiroshi not working on it regularly now, we are all ready to jump
>in and do whatever we can.  Dave is a Win expert, and I have saved a few
>ODBC patches that I will post to the odbc list for discussion in the
>next few weeks.

My questions were more in regards to longer term bigger issues. Things
I'd like to see with ODBC:
1. Shift to the V.3 protocol, possibly using libpq
2. Work around the readonly restriction on cursors
3. Fix the performance problem when a cursor needs to be emulated using
individual selects

I have a solution to 2 and 3, but I'm way over my head with the OLE DB
work, so I won't be implementing this myself in the near future. I'm
also not familiar enough with the raw libpq protocol to start hacking it
at the moment.

If anyone is interested in how I was planning on solving it, please drop
me a note, and I'll detail it in a seperate message.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Systems Consulting
http://www.lingnu.com/

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
It's rumoured that Shachar Shemesh once said:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
>>At the moment we have 3 builds, the ODBC2.5 (legacy) version, the ODBC3
>>version and the ODBC3 Unicode (beta) version. I want to move fairly
>>quickly to only the ODBC3 Unicode build and junk the rest.
>>
>>Regards, Dave
>>

> Does that mean that you have officially picked up the ODBC maintanance?
>  That's great news. I was fearing it will be left orphaned.

No, it means I will continue applying the odd patch, managing releases and
the website despite the fact I no longer use the driver much. In other
words, if others can code and help review patches, I can continue to do
the rest for the time being.
> Are you interested in my list of gripes with the current code, btw?

Depends how contructive it is :-). Seriously though, what do folks think
about switching on the bug tracker on the Gborg project sdo these things
can be tracked?
Regards, Dave

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
Chris Gamache
Дата:
--- Gary Doades <gpd@gpdnet.co.uk> wrote:
> The best alternative I found was from OpenLink at
> www.openlinksw.com.
>
> I downloaded a trial of this driver which proved very stable with good
> performance and features.

I downloaded their single-tier driver for testing in my environment. I managed
to find a bug with sending queries to the back-end that they've been working on
for a month now. I don't know if its because I'm not a paying customer yet, but
this bug has been in development for a looong time for such an expensive
product. I would be cautious about spending that kind of dough (at least on
their single-tier product) on this product unless you can get response
timelines in writing, eh?

> If you can afford it!

Its priced per concurrent connection, so get ready to really pay if you need
the "unlimited connections" driver. It not so bad if you only need 5 concurrent
connections. :)

CG

Assistance reading this psqlodbc log...

От
Chris Gamache
Дата:
This message is generated at every connection. What is this message telling me?

conn=48183040, PGAPI_DriverConnect(

in)='DRIVER={PostgreSQL};UID=adduser;PWD=xxxxx;DATABASE=xxxxx;SERVER=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;PORT=5432;READONLY=0;PROTOCOL=6.4;FAKEOIDINDEX=1;SHOWOIDCOLUMN=1;ROWVERSIONING=0;SHOWSYSTEMTABLES=0;CONNSETTINGS=;',
fDriverCompletion=0
Global Options: Version='07.03.0200', fetch=100, socket=4096, unknown_sizes=0,
max_varchar_size=254, max_longvarchar_size=8190
                disable_optimizer=1, ksqo=1, unique_index=1, use_declarefetch=0
                text_as_longvarchar=1, unknowns_as_longvarchar=0,
bools_as_char=1 NAMEDATALEN=64
                extra_systable_prefixes='dd_;', conn_settings=''
conn_encoding='OTHER'
conn=48183040, query=' '
conn=48183040, query='select version()'
    [ fetched 1 rows ]
    [ PostgreSQL version string = 'PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu,
compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.2 20031218 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.2-r5,
propolice-3.3-7)' ]
    [ PostgreSQL version number = '7.4' ]
conn=48183040, query='set DateStyle to 'ISO''
conn=48183040, query='set geqo to 'OFF''
conn=48183040, query='set extra_float_digits to 2'
conn=48183040, query='select oid from pg_type where typname='lo''
    [ fetched 0 rows ]
conn=48183040, query='select pg_client_encoding()'
    [ fetched 1 rows ]
    [ Client encoding = 'SQL_ASCII' (code = 0) ]
conn=48183040,

PGAPI_DriverConnect(out)='DRIVER={PostgreSQL};DATABASE=xxxxx;SERVER=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;PORT=5432;UID=adduser;PWD=xxxxx;ReadOnly=0;Protocol=6.4;FakeOidIndex=1;ShowOidColumn=1;RowVersioning=0;ShowSystemTables=0;ConnSettings=;Fetch=100;Socket=4096;UnknownSizes=0;MaxVarcharSize=254;MaxLongVarcharSize=8190;Debug=0;CommLog=1;Optimizer=1;Ksqo=1;UseDeclareFetch=0;TextAsLongVarchar=1;UnknownsAsLongVarchar=0;BoolsAsChar=1;Parse=0;CancelAsFreeStmt=0;ExtraSysTablePrefixes=dd_;;LFConversion=1;UpdatableCursors=1;DisallowPremature=0;TrueIsMinus1=0;BI=0;ByteaAsLongVarBinary=0;UseServerSidePrepare=0'
STATEMENT ERROR: func=PGAPI_SetDescField, desc='', errnum=11, errmsg='can't
SQLSetDescField for this parameter number'
                 hdbc=48183040, stmt=48177616, result=0
                 manual_result=0, prepare=0, internal=0
                 bindings=0, bindings_allocated=0
                 parameters=0, parameters_allocated=0
                 statement_type=-2, statement='(NULL)'
                 stmt_with_params='(NULL)'
                 data_at_exec=-1, current_exec_param=-1, put_data=0
                 currTuple=-1, current_col=-1, lobj_fd=-1
                 maxRows=0, rowset_size=1, keyset_size=0, cursor_type=0,
scroll_concurrency=1
                 cursor_name=''
                 ----------------QResult Info -------------------------------
CONN ERROR: func=PGAPI_SetDescField, desc='', errnum=0, errmsg='(NULL)'
            henv=48176920, conn=48183040, status=1, num_stmts=16
            sock=48176976, stmts=48177048, lobj_type=-999
            ---------------- Socket Info -------------------------------
            socket=1324, reverse=0, errornumber=0, errormsg='(NULL)'
            buffer_in=48194040, buffer_out=48198144
            buffer_filled_in=63, buffer_filled_out=0, buffer_read_in=63

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
"Markus Donath"
Дата:
Hello Dave,

turning on the bug tracker sounds like a good idea.
i think at the main focus should be on producing a stable version of the
postgresql odbc driver.
the last official release (07_03_0200) did not run stable in a multithreaded
environment (like MS IIS5.0).
i have posted a few bug-reports and there have been some patches addressing
these issues since the 07_03_0200-release.
if i find the time to test the current build i'll post the results, but my
company already thinks about switching to a different database because of
the stability issues.

bye,
markus.

""Dave Page"" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> It's rumoured that Shachar Shemesh once said:
> > Dave Page wrote:
> >
> >>At the moment we have 3 builds, the ODBC2.5 (legacy) version, the ODBC3
> >>version and the ODBC3 Unicode (beta) version. I want to move fairly
> >>quickly to only the ODBC3 Unicode build and junk the rest.
> >>
> >>Regards, Dave
> >>

> > Does that mean that you have officially picked up the ODBC maintanance?
> >  That's great news. I was fearing it will be left orphaned.
>
> No, it means I will continue applying the odd patch, managing releases and
> the website despite the fact I no longer use the driver much. In other
> words, if others can code and help review patches, I can continue to do
> the rest for the time being.
> > Are you interested in my list of gripes with the current code, btw?
>
> Depends how contructive it is :-). Seriously though, what do folks think
> about switching on the bug tracker on the Gborg project sdo these things
> can be tracked?
> Regards, Dave

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
It's rumoured that Markus Donath once said:
> Hello Dave,
>
> turning on the bug tracker sounds like a good idea.

On the overwhelming response of 1 vote I've turned it on :-)

> i think at the main focus should be on producing a stable version of
> the postgresql odbc driver.
> the last official release (07_03_0200) did not run stable in a
> multithreaded environment (like MS IIS5.0).
> i have posted a few bug-reports and there have been some patches
> addressing these issues since the 07_03_0200-release.
> if i find the time to test the current build i'll post the results, but
> my company already thinks about switching to a different database
> because of the stability issues.

Hmm, that's not good. Did the patches get applied? Do we simply need a
point release to get over your immediate problem?
Regards, Dave

Dave Page wrote:
> It's rumoured that Markus Donath once said:
> > Hello Dave,
> >
> > turning on the bug tracker sounds like a good idea.
>
> On the overwhelming response of 1 vote I've turned it on :-)
>
> > i think at the main focus should be on producing a stable version of
> > the postgresql odbc driver.
> > the last official release (07_03_0200) did not run stable in a
> > multithreaded environment (like MS IIS5.0).
> > i have posted a few bug-reports and there have been some patches
> > addressing these issues since the 07_03_0200-release.
> > if i find the time to test the current build i'll post the results, but
> > my company already thinks about switching to a different database
> > because of the stability issues.
>
> Hmm, that's not good. Did the patches get applied? Do we simply need a
> point release to get over your immediate problem?
> Regards, Dave

Here are the ODBC patches I have kept in my mailbox:

    ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/mypatches/odbc.mbox

Anyone want to review/apply them?

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
"Dave Page"

Thanks Bruce - there are basically three patches in there:

1) From  Hartmut Raschick

----
- EINTR safety for send/recv, NOT4WIN
- init vars before using them (most prominently in
  dlg_specific.c::SQLGetPrivateProfileString calls),
- avoid those notorious core dumps when logging on hitting
  "null" data... in result.c
- make 07.03.200 work with the new mutex_locks
- may use -DHAVE_ECO_THREAD_LOCKS, if you use libiodbc (or similar)
  which already shells every driver call in mutex_locks
- using the driver (in conjunction w/libiodbc) on Solaris in a
  threaded environment (thus --enable-pthreads) we also found that
  -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R is a good idea, also configure does not auto-
  link libsocket which is needed anyway... (mind libnsl when not
  threaded)
----

Unfortunately this patch was submitted as updated source files and I've
been completely unsuccessful in reworking them into a patch that is a)
reviewable, and b) able to be applied to cvs tip. This is probably my
cvs/diff inexperience showing through, but whenever I diff the updated
07.03.0200 source against the original, I end up with a 1/2 meg file
containing basically all of each file affected, before and after. I'd
appreciate it if someone else can have a look and see if it is just me
doing something stupid (other than using Windows!), or if you can supply
a diff against CVS tip Hartmut, that'd be great.

2) From Cyrille Ch?p?lov (sorry) - Fixes for compilation using the
Borland compiler.

Patch applied - thanks.

3) From Ludek Finstrle

Patch 1 adds a preselected scheme name to the list of connection/DSN
options. Personally I think this is unecessary because there is already
an 'extra settings' option in which the user can include statements such
as 'set search_path to' if required. The list of options for psqlodbc is
already huge, and in the long term I think we should be looking to
remove options rather than add them (things like KSQO and GEQO can be
configured by the app using SET, or by the DBA if really required)!

Patch 2 adds WIN1250 charset support, and fixes a bug in pgtypes.c. The
first part has been applied, the second is obsolete.

Thanks to all the contributors - sorry it took so long to get to these.

Regards, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:
> Thanks Bruce - there are basically three patches in there:
>
> 1) From  Hartmut Raschick
>
> ----
> - EINTR safety for send/recv, NOT4WIN
> - init vars before using them (most prominently in
>   dlg_specific.c::SQLGetPrivateProfileString calls),
> - avoid those notorious core dumps when logging on hitting
>   "null" data... in result.c
> - make 07.03.200 work with the new mutex_locks
> - may use -DHAVE_ECO_THREAD_LOCKS, if you use libiodbc (or similar)
>   which already shells every driver call in mutex_locks
> - using the driver (in conjunction w/libiodbc) on Solaris in a
>   threaded environment (thus --enable-pthreads) we also found that
>   -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R is a good idea, also configure does not auto-
>   link libsocket which is needed anyway... (mind libnsl when not
>   threaded)
> ----
>
> Unfortunately this patch was submitted as updated source files and I've
> been completely unsuccessful in reworking them into a patch that is a)
> reviewable, and b) able to be applied to cvs tip. This is probably my
> cvs/diff inexperience showing through, but whenever I diff the updated
> 07.03.0200 source against the original, I end up with a 1/2 meg file
> containing basically all of each file affected, before and after. I'd
> appreciate it if someone else can have a look and see if it is just me
> doing something stupid (other than using Windows!), or if you can supply
> a diff against CVS tip Hartmut, that'd be great.

I am working on getting you a patch now, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:
> 1) From  Hartmut Raschick
>
> ----
> - EINTR safety for send/recv, NOT4WIN
> - init vars before using them (most prominently in
>   dlg_specific.c::SQLGetPrivateProfileString calls),
> - avoid those notorious core dumps when logging on hitting
>   "null" data... in result.c
> - make 07.03.200 work with the new mutex_locks
> - may use -DHAVE_ECO_THREAD_LOCKS, if you use libiodbc (or similar)
>   which already shells every driver call in mutex_locks
> - using the driver (in conjunction w/libiodbc) on Solaris in a
>   threaded environment (thus --enable-pthreads) we also found that
>   -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R is a good idea, also configure does not auto-
>   link libsocket which is needed anyway... (mind libnsl when not
>   threaded)
> ----
>
> Unfortunately this patch was submitted as updated source files and I've
> been completely unsuccessful in reworking them into a patch that is a)
> reviewable, and b) able to be applied to cvs tip. This is probably my
> cvs/diff inexperience showing through, but whenever I diff the updated
> 07.03.0200 source against the original, I end up with a 1/2 meg file
> containing basically all of each file affected, before and after. I'd
> appreciate it if someone else can have a look and see if it is just me
> doing something stupid (other than using Windows!), or if you can supply
> a diff against CVS tip Hartmut, that'd be great.

OK, I have added an email from me to:

    ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/mypatches/odbc.mbox

that has a 1200-line diff.  Seems, based on the README file, that he
used the REL-07_03_0200 ODBC branch.  He mentions this at the bottom of
his README:

    driver version: 07.03.0200
    cvs tag: psqlodbc_07_03_0200_1
    path: $PSQLOBDC_HOME
    files: misc.h, socket.c, connection.c, odbcapi.c, connection.h,
    statement.h, Makefile

He also mentions his changes to each file:

    misc.h: dos2unix
    socket.c: EINTR checks not on Windoze...
    connection.c: make it work even w/full thread locking
    odbcapi.c: dto.
    connection.h: honour flags for economized thread locking
    statement.h: dto.
    Makefile: you must add "-xO3 -mt -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R
    -DHAVE_ECO_THREAD_LOCKS" now, on Solaris add @least "-lsocket" to LIBS
    (gpps.c: became obsolete; source code not even compiled)

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
"Dave Page"

Thanks Bruce - I'll take a look.

> that has a 1200-line diff.  Seems, based on the README file,
> that he used the REL-07_03_0200 ODBC branch.  He mentions
> this at the bottom of his README:

Yes, I'd been working with the 07.03.0200 code, but just kept getting
huge diffs. Thinking about it later on I wonder if it's that old cr-lf
thing causing me grief again :-(

Regards, Dave.

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

> > Hartmut Raschick; Cyrille Ch?p?lov; Ludek Finstrle
> > Subject: Re: [ODBC] ODBC driver further developments?
> >

> > OK, I have added an email from me to:
> >
> >     ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/mypatches/odbc.mbox
>
> Thanks Bruce - I'll take a look.
>
> > that has a 1200-line diff.  Seems, based on the README file,
> > that he used the REL-07_03_0200 ODBC branch.  He mentions
> > this at the bottom of his README:
>
> Yes, I'd been working with the 07.03.0200 code, but just kept getting
> huge diffs. Thinking about it later on I wonder if it's that old cr-lf
> thing causing me grief again :-(

Yea, I suspected that.

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
"Markus Donath"
Дата:
Hello Dave,

is it possible to publish some kind of "official" current build of the
psqlodbc-driver for windows on the postgresql website (or any other site),
like hiroshi does here:
http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/

If you have a "release candidate", i would like to test it in the iis
envirenment to give you feedback, but my own builds of the driver never
behave like the ones on hiroshi's site.

Regards,

> It's rumoured that Markus Donath once said:
> > Hello Dave,
> >
> > turning on the bug tracker sounds like a good idea.
>
> On the overwhelming response of 1 vote I've turned it on :-)
>
> > i think at the main focus should be on producing a stable version of
> > the postgresql odbc driver.
> > the last official release (07_03_0200) did not run stable in a
> > multithreaded environment (like MS IIS5.0).
> > i have posted a few bug-reports and there have been some patches
> > addressing these issues since the 07_03_0200-release.
> > if i find the time to test the current build i'll post the results, but
> > my company already thinks about switching to a different database
> > because of the stability issues.
>
> Hmm, that's not good. Did the patches get applied? Do we simply need a
> point release to get over your immediate problem?
> Regards, Dave

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
Theodore Petrosky
Дата:
I would be happy to see if this new version compiles
on Mac OS X... I still have had no success with the
current release.

Ted

--- Markus Donath <md-postgres-donath@netapps.de>
wrote:
> Hello Dave,
>
> is it possible to publish some kind of "official"
> current build of the
> psqlodbc-driver for windows on the postgresql
> website (or any other site),
> like hiroshi does here:
> http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/
>
> If you have a "release candidate", i would like to
> test it in the iis
> envirenment to give you feedback, but my own builds
> of the driver never
> behave like the ones on hiroshi's site.
>
> Regards,
> Markus.
>

> ""Dave Page"" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag

> > It's rumoured that Markus Donath once said:
> > > Hello Dave,
> > >
> > > turning on the bug tracker sounds like a good
> idea.
> >
> > On the overwhelming response of 1 vote I've turned
> it on :-)
> >
> > > i think at the main focus should be on producing
> a stable version of
> > > the postgresql odbc driver.
> > > the last official release (07_03_0200) did not
> run stable in a
> > > multithreaded environment (like MS IIS5.0).
> > > i have posted a few bug-reports and there have
> been some patches
> > > addressing these issues since the
> 07_03_0200-release.
> > > if i find the time to test the current build
> i'll post the results, but
> > > my company already thinks about switching to a
> different database
> > > because of the stability issues.
> >
> > Hmm, that's not good. Did the patches get applied?
> Do we simply need a
> > point release to get over your immediate problem?
> > Regards, Dave
> >

> > ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> > TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space
> map settings

Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От
"Dave Page"

Shouldn't be a major problem - I'll create a snapshots directory on the
ftp site.

> If you have a "release candidate", i would like to test it in
> the iis envirenment to give you feedback, but my own builds
> of the driver never behave like the ones on hiroshi's site.

I'll get one posted as soon as I can.

Regards Dave.