Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От Shachar Shemesh
Тема Re: ODBC driver further developments?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>With Hiroshi not working on it regularly now, we are all ready to jump
>in and do whatever we can.  Dave is a Win expert, and I have saved a few
>ODBC patches that I will post to the odbc list for discussion in the
>next few weeks.

My questions were more in regards to longer term bigger issues. Things
I'd like to see with ODBC:
1. Shift to the V.3 protocol, possibly using libpq
2. Work around the readonly restriction on cursors
3. Fix the performance problem when a cursor needs to be emulated using
individual selects

I have a solution to 2 and 3, but I'm way over my head with the OLE DB
work, so I won't be implementing this myself in the near future. I'm
also not familiar enough with the raw libpq protocol to start hacking it
at the moment.

If anyone is interested in how I was planning on solving it, please drop
me a note, and I'll detail it in a seperate message.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Systems Consulting

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: ODBC driver further developments?
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: ODBC driver further developments?