Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От Chris Gamache
Тема Re: ODBC driver further developments?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
--- Gary Doades <gpd@gpdnet.co.uk> wrote:
> The best alternative I found was from OpenLink at
> www.openlinksw.com.
>
> I downloaded a trial of this driver which proved very stable with good
> performance and features.

I downloaded their single-tier driver for testing in my environment. I managed
to find a bug with sending queries to the back-end that they've been working on
for a month now. I don't know if its because I'm not a paying customer yet, but
this bug has been in development for a looong time for such an expensive
product. I would be cautious about spending that kind of dough (at least on
their single-tier product) on this product unless you can get response
timelines in writing, eh?

> If you can afford it!

Its priced per concurrent connection, so get ready to really pay if you need
the "unlimited connections" driver. It not so bad if you only need 5 concurrent
connections. :)

CG