Re: ODBC driver further developments?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: ODBC driver further developments?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Dave Page wrote:
> 1) From  Hartmut Raschick
>
> ----
> - EINTR safety for send/recv, NOT4WIN
> - init vars before using them (most prominently in
>   dlg_specific.c::SQLGetPrivateProfileString calls),
> - avoid those notorious core dumps when logging on hitting
>   "null" data... in result.c
> - make 07.03.200 work with the new mutex_locks
> - may use -DHAVE_ECO_THREAD_LOCKS, if you use libiodbc (or similar)
>   which already shells every driver call in mutex_locks
> - using the driver (in conjunction w/libiodbc) on Solaris in a
>   threaded environment (thus --enable-pthreads) we also found that
>   -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R is a good idea, also configure does not auto-
>   link libsocket which is needed anyway... (mind libnsl when not
>   threaded)
> ----
>
> Unfortunately this patch was submitted as updated source files and I've
> been completely unsuccessful in reworking them into a patch that is a)
> reviewable, and b) able to be applied to cvs tip. This is probably my
> cvs/diff inexperience showing through, but whenever I diff the updated
> 07.03.0200 source against the original, I end up with a 1/2 meg file
> containing basically all of each file affected, before and after. I'd
> appreciate it if someone else can have a look and see if it is just me
> doing something stupid (other than using Windows!), or if you can supply
> a diff against CVS tip Hartmut, that'd be great.

OK, I have added an email from me to:

    ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/mypatches/odbc.mbox

that has a 1200-line diff.  Seems, based on the README file, that he
used the REL-07_03_0200 ODBC branch.  He mentions this at the bottom of
his README:

    driver version: 07.03.0200
    cvs tag: psqlodbc_07_03_0200_1
    path: $PSQLOBDC_HOME
    files: misc.h, socket.c, connection.c, odbcapi.c, connection.h,
    statement.h, Makefile

He also mentions his changes to each file:

    misc.h: dos2unix
    socket.c: EINTR checks not on Windoze...
    connection.c: make it work even w/full thread locking
    odbcapi.c: dto.
    connection.h: honour flags for economized thread locking
    statement.h: dto.
    Makefile: you must add "-xO3 -mt -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R
    -DHAVE_ECO_THREAD_LOCKS" now, on Solaris add @least "-lsocket" to LIBS
    (gpps.c: became obsolete; source code not even compiled)