Обсуждение: How to solve invalid input for tyep timestamp problem?

How to solve invalid input for tyep timestamp problem?

От
Joost Kraaijeveld
Дата:
Hi,

I want log4j to log in a PostgreSQL database. Log34j uses "2005-11-02
11:49:57,844" as it's timestamp format. I used TIMESTAMP as a columntype
but apparenty that is not the correct type:

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type timestamp:
"2005-11-02 11:49:57,844"

What should be the type I should use for the column?

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: How to solve invalid input for tyep timestamp problem?

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
What version of the driver are you using  ?
Does log4j use prepared statements?

This is the right column, but the , between 57,844 is wrong, there
was a bug in the HEAD driver which would
have caused this if the answer to the first 2 questions is HEAD, and
yes.

If this doesn't solve your problem, then I suspect it is locale
related. The comma (,) is commonly used for the decimal
place in EU.

Dave
On 2-Nov-05, at 5:57 AM, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want log4j to log in a PostgreSQL database. Log34j uses "2005-11-02
> 11:49:57,844" as it's timestamp format. I used TIMESTAMP as a
> columntype
> but apparenty that is not the correct type:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type timestamp:
> "2005-11-02 11:49:57,844"
>
> What should be the type I should use for the column?
>

> --
> Groeten,
>
> Joost Kraaijeveld
> Askesis B.V.
> Molukkenstraat 14
> 6524NB Nijmegen
> tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
> fax: 024-3608416
> e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
> web: www.askesis.nl

Re: How to solve invalid input for tyep timestamp problem?

От
Joost Kraaijeveld
Дата:
Hi Dave,

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 07:19 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> What version of the driver are you using  ?
postgresql-8.0-313.jdbc3.jar

> Does log4j use prepared statements?
No, it does not in the JBoss supplied version (JBoss 4.0.3 / Log4J
1.2.8)

> This is the right column, but the , between 57,844 is wrong, there
> was a bug in the HEAD driver which would
> have caused this if the answer to the first 2 questions is HEAD, and
> yes.
Ah, ",". I should either take glasses or reset my screen resolution.
After replacing the format specifiers: yes, that solves the problem.

Thanks, for answering.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: How to solve invalid input for tyep timestamp problem?

От
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Dave Cramer wrote:

> What version of the driver are you using  ?
> Does log4j use prepared statements?
>
> This is the right column, but the , between 57,844 is wrong, there was a bug
> in the HEAD driver which would
> have caused this if the answer to the first 2 questions is HEAD, and yes.

Just for the record.  The problem was in interval parsing, not timestamp,
and it is fixed now.

Kris Jurka