Обсуждение: ispell dictionary broken in CVS HEAD ?

ispell dictionary broken in CVS HEAD ?

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
Hi there,

seems something is broken in ispell dictionary (CVS HEAD).

event=# CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY en_ispell (        TEMPLATE = ispell,        DictFile = english,        AffFile =
english,        StopWords = english

);
CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY
event=# select ts_lexize('en_ispell','stars'); ts_lexize
-----------

But ispell does know 'stars'

zen:~/app/pgsql/pgweb>ispell
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.2.06 08/01/01
word: stars
ok (derives from root STAR)

Checked in tsearch2 (8.2.4):

apod=# insert into pg_ts_dict
(SELECT 'en_ispell', dict_init,
'DictFile="/usr/local/share/dicts/ispell/utf8/english-utf8.dict",'
'AffFile="/usr/local/share/dicts/ispell/utf8/english-utf8.aff",'
'StopFile="/usr/local/share/dicts/ispell/utf8/english-utf8.stop"',dict_lexize FROM pg_ts_dict WHERE dict_name =
'ispell_template');

apod=# select lexize('en_ispell','stars'); lexize
-------- {star}

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: ispell dictionary broken in CVS HEAD ?

От
"Heikki Linnakangas"
Дата:
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> seems something is broken in ispell dictionary (CVS HEAD).
>
> event=# CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY en_ispell (
>         TEMPLATE = ispell,
>         DictFile = english,
>         AffFile =  english,
>         StopWords = english
> );
> CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY
> event=# select ts_lexize('en_ispell','stars');
>  ts_lexize
> -----------
>

> But ispell does know 'stars'

Works for me, with the affix file from "iamerican" debian package, and a
dictionary containing just "star/S". Which ispell files are you using?
Can you tar them up and send them over?

Re: ispell dictionary broken in CVS HEAD ?

Дата:
"Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> seems something is broken in ispell dictionary (CVS HEAD).

> Works for me, with the affix file from "iamerican" debian package, and a
> dictionary containing just "star/S". Which ispell files are you using?

Is anyone working on providing basic regression tests for the different
dictionary types?  Seems like the main stumbling block is providing
usable configuration files.  I don't know enough about ispell to
understand what its config files look like.  (There's a problem of
missing documentation here, too...)
        regards, tom lane

Re: ispell dictionary broken in CVS HEAD ?

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
Hmm,

After renewing session I've got working ispell dictionary. I don't
remember exactly if such behaviour is what we wanted.

Oleg

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> seems something is broken in ispell dictionary (CVS HEAD).
>>
>> event=# CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY en_ispell (
>>         TEMPLATE = ispell,
>>         DictFile = english,
>>         AffFile =  english,
>>         StopWords = english
>> );
>> CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY
>> event=# select ts_lexize('en_ispell','stars');
>>  ts_lexize
>> -----------
>>

>> But ispell does know 'stars'
>
> Works for me, with the affix file from "iamerican" debian package, and a
> dictionary containing just "star/S". Which ispell files are you using?
> Can you tar them up and send them over?

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: ispell dictionary broken in CVS HEAD ?

От
Teodor Sigaev
Дата:
> Is anyone working on providing basic regression tests for the different
> dictionary types?  Seems like the main stumbling block is providing
I'll do some tests for dictionaries, but it will be synthetic dictionary.
Original ispell files is rather big, so I'll make rather simple and small one.

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Tom Lane wrote:
> I don't know enough about ispell to
> understand what its config files look like.  (There's a problem of
> missing documentation here, too...)

Yeah :(. The file format that ispell accepts is kind of ad hoc. It
accepts hunspell and ispell and myspell variants, but only a subset of
the full grammar (some stuff is not relevant for tsearch). A description
of what exactly it's supposed to accept would be nice.

Re: ispell dictionary broken in CVS HEAD ?

От
Teodor Sigaev
Дата:
> Is anyone working on providing basic regression tests for the different
> dictionary types?  Seems like the main stumbling block is providing

I make some small tests  (http://www.sigaev.ru/misc/ispell_samples.tgz). So,
what is better practice to builtin it?  Make it installable with regular
procedure into share/tsearch_data or install they only for regression db?
  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Re: ispell dictionary broken in CVS HEAD ?

Дата:
Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> writes:
>> Is anyone working on providing basic regression tests for the different
>> dictionary types?  Seems like the main stumbling block is providing

> I make some small tests  (http://www.sigaev.ru/misc/ispell_samples.tgz). So,
> what is better practice to builtin it?  Make it installable with regular
> procedure into share/tsearch_data or install they only for regression db?

You have to install them as part of the regular installation; pg_regress
can't do it in the "make installcheck" case because it may not have
write permissions on $SHAREDIR.
        regards, tom lane