Обсуждение: problem with custom Gist for custom type

problem with custom Gist for custom type

От
Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
Дата:
Hi there folks

I created custom type, and attempt to create gist indexing for it, to
make search wind quick.
on select from * where something << 'something'; I get:

WARNING:  problem in alloc set GiST temporary context: detected write
past chunk end in block 0x843e6e0, chunk 0x843e994

Can someone tell me please, what might be the cause?

Thanks

Re: problem with custom Gist for custom type

Дата:
Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj@pointblue.com.pl> writes:
> I created custom type, and attempt to create gist indexing for it, to
> make search wind quick.
> on select from * where something << 'something'; I get:

> WARNING:  problem in alloc set GiST temporary context: detected write
> past chunk end in block 0x843e6e0, chunk 0x843e994

> Can someone tell me please, what might be the cause?

Looks like you're scribbling on memory that doesn't belong to you.
Check for miscomputed palloc request sizes, etc.
        regards, tom lane

Re: problem with custom Gist for custom type

От
Grzegorz Piotr Jaskiewicz
Дата:
On Wednesday 26 October 2005 17:48, Tom Lane wrote:
> Looks like you're scribbling on memory that doesn't belong to you.
> Check for miscomputed palloc request sizes, etc.
Thanks very much for the tip. I thogut perhaps I am not filling out some parts
of structures, or something.
Can I use valgrind to find out the root of problem. If so, how should I invoke
it with postgres. Postgres it self was configured with:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/postgres --with-python --enable-cassert
--with-openssl --with-gnu-ld --enable-integer-datetimes --enable-debug

Thanks.

--
GJ

Binary system, you're either 1 or 0...
dead or alive ;)

Re: problem with custom Gist for custom type

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
btw, if you could read russian, we have GiST programming tutorial
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/gist_tutorial.html
    Oleg
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj@pointblue.com.pl> writes:
>> I created custom type, and attempt to create gist indexing for it, to
>> make search wind quick.
>> on select from * where something << 'something'; I get:
>
>> WARNING:  problem in alloc set GiST temporary context: detected write
>> past chunk end in block 0x843e6e0, chunk 0x843e994
>
>> Can someone tell me please, what might be the cause?
>
> Looks like you're scribbling on memory that doesn't belong to you.
> Check for miscomputed palloc request sizes, etc.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: problem with custom Gist for custom type

От
Grzegorz Piotr Jaskiewicz
Дата:
On Wednesday 26 October 2005 18:34, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> btw, if you could read russian, we have GiST programming tutorial
> http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/gist_tutorial.html
I did try, but last time I did Russian lessons was around 10 years ago, so ...
babel fish could help btw, but I would kindly ask for translating this tut.
Especially if you can elaborate on picksplit method more, it would be great.

--
GJ

Binary system, you're either 1 or 0...
dead or alive ;)

Re: problem with custom Gist for custom type

От
Grzegorz Piotr Jaskiewicz
Дата:
Ok, I got it, google is my friend ;)