Обсуждение: Open Items

Open Items

Дата:
I have annotated the open items:

                              PostgreSQL 8.0 Open Items                              =========================

Current version at http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgopenitems.

Changes
-------
* Win32o fix query cancel in psql
This requires a new thread to handle the control-C signal
o fix shared memory on Win2k terminal server
We might be able to just mark this as not supported.
o Handle "lost signals" on backend startup (eg. shutdown,  config file changes, etc);  signals are SIG_DFL on startup
The problem here is that the postmaster might send signals to achild before the signal handlers are installed.  We
don'thavethis problem on unix because we fork and inherit the signalhandlers.

* Tablespaceo fix ambiguity for objects using default tablespaces
CREATE TABLE test(a int4) tablespace loc;CREATE UNIQUE INDEX test_a_idx3 ON test(a) tablespace pg_default;
Index test_a_idx3 has a tablespace value of zero.  pg_get_indexdef()thinks the index is in loc even though it is in
pg_default. Andif you move test the index is thought to move too.  The confusionis that there are not separate defaults
fordatabase/schema/table.

o fix case where template db already uses target tablespace
-- from database testCREATE tablespace blah location '/bjm/tmp';CREATE TABLE foo (i int) tablespace blah;CREATE
DATABASEfoo tablespace blah template test;ERROR:  could not initialize database directoryDETAIL:  Directory
"/u/pgsql/data/pg_tblspc/17232/17235"already exists.

o remove non-portable TABLESPACE clause from CREATE TABLE and  use a new default_tablespace SET variable
This same method is used for WITH/WITHOUT OIDS.

* allow libpq to check parameterized data types
* adjust bgwriter defaults, allow disabling
* synchonize supported encodings and docs

Completed Since Previoius Beta
------------------------------
* cleanup FRONTEND use in /port, malloc, elog
* update encoding list to include win1250
* make pgxs install by default
* Tablespaceo fix error message when creating objects in schema that has a  dropped tablespace as its default
* Win32o disable readline-required psql optionso fix SSL compileso add binary version stampso fix signal-safe socket
handlerfor SSLo start pg_autovacuum easilyo remove log timezone string from log_line_prefix '%t'o fix MinGW libpq to
exportonly required symbolso fix MSVC build to export SSL symbols

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open Items

Дата:
>     o fix ambiguity for objects using default tablespaces

>     CREATE TABLE test(a int4) tablespace loc;
>     CREATE UNIQUE INDEX test_a_idx3 ON test(a) tablespace pg_default;

>     Index test_a_idx3 has a tablespace value of zero.  pg_get_indexdef()
>     thinks the index is in loc even though it is in pg_default.  And
>     if you move test the index is thought to move too.  The confusion
>     is that there are not separate defaults for database/schema/table.

I don't think it's nearly as complicated as all that; it's just a thinko
in pg_get_indexdef.

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt/ruleutils.c.diff?r1=1.182&r2=1.183
        regards, tom lane

Re: Open Items

Дата:
>     o remove non-portable TABLESPACE clause from CREATE TABLE and
>       use a new default_tablespace SET variable

I'm coming around to the conclusion that this is simply a bad idea.

The problem with having such a SET variable is that it plays hob with
the existing definition about where schemas and tables get a default
tablespace from.  Which source wins (the database or schema default
tablespace, or the SET variable)?  And why?  The only really clean way
to have a SET variable for this is to forget about schema- or
table-based defaults.  Do we want to do that?  (Hey, it'd solve the
problem with schema tablespaces being droppable, because there wouldn't
*be* any such thing as a schema's tablespace anymore.  But on the whole
this seems like a step backward in usability.)

What we might want to do is invent a --notablespace option for pg_dump,
comparable to --noowner, to let someone make a dump that contains no
TABLESPACE clauses.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Open Items

От
Gavin Sherry
Дата:
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> >     o remove non-portable TABLESPACE clause from CREATE TABLE and
> >       use a new default_tablespace SET variable
>
> I'm coming around to the conclusion that this is simply a bad idea.

I feel the same way for more or less the reasons you outline.

> What we might want to do is invent a --notablespace option for pg_dump,
> comparable to --noowner, to let someone make a dump that contains no
> TABLESPACE clauses.

That's a useful feature but I'm not sure it solves the problem people
originally put (to me at least). User has data in a tablespace on a
seperate device. The device crashes fatally and the user needs to restore
the database. All the user's dumps contain tablespace clauses because the
user did not anticipate the device dying. This, I think, is why people
wanted to either ignore tablespace clauses, have an override or something
else.

I still think, however, that a workable solution is to bring up a new
system, create the tablespaces on some online partition, and pg_restore
the dump. pg_dump does not dump CREATE TABLESPACE so we wont encounter
problems there.

Have I missed something there? (Highly likely as I am still pre-coffee).

Gavin

Re: Open Items

Tom Lane wrote:
> >     o fix ambiguity for objects using default tablespaces
>
> >     CREATE TABLE test(a int4) tablespace loc;
> >     CREATE UNIQUE INDEX test_a_idx3 ON test(a) tablespace pg_default;
>
> >     Index test_a_idx3 has a tablespace value of zero.  pg_get_indexdef()
> >     thinks the index is in loc even though it is in pg_default.  And
> >     if you move test the index is thought to move too.  The confusion
> >     is that there are not separate defaults for database/schema/table.
>
> I don't think it's nearly as complicated as all that; it's just a thinko
> in pg_get_indexdef.
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt/ruleutils.c.diff?r1=1.182&r2=1.183

OK, I see that now.  Item marked as done.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open Items

Tom Lane wrote:
> >     o remove non-portable TABLESPACE clause from CREATE TABLE and
> >       use a new default_tablespace SET variable
>
> I'm coming around to the conclusion that this is simply a bad idea.
>
> The problem with having such a SET variable is that it plays hob with
> the existing definition about where schemas and tables get a default
> tablespace from.  Which source wins (the database or schema default
> tablespace, or the SET variable)?  And why?  The only really clean way
> to have a SET variable for this is to forget about schema- or
> table-based defaults.  Do we want to do that?  (Hey, it'd solve the
> problem with schema tablespaces being droppable, because there wouldn't
> *be* any such thing as a schema's tablespace anymore.  But on the whole
> this seems like a step backward in usability.)

Agreed, a step backwards, but see below.

> What we might want to do is invent a --notablespace option for pg_dump,
> comparable to --noowner, to let someone make a dump that contains no
> TABLESPACE clauses.

Yea, that would work, but we went through so much work to allow SQL
standard DDL statements, and it seems a shame to break it just for
tablespaces.

And, having it be a separate SET would also allow the tablespace
creation to fail and still get the objects created.  (If the
explicit_tablespace doesn't exist during CREATE, we throw a warning.
This would contrast with a create _failure_ when the tablespace doesn't
exist and you say 'TABLESPACE t1' in CREATE.)

So there were actually two uses for this, one for standards compliance,
and the other was for flexibility in restoring to a system where the
tablespaces can't be created.  The SET could give us different behavior
(warning vs. error) which would be useful for pg_dump.

Could we call it "explicit_tablespace" and when it is "", it is the
default, but when it isn't it is just like using 'TABLESPACE t1' in the
CREATE, but throws a warning instead of an error if the tablespace
doesn't exist?

My assumption is that it would not be like the default_with_oids
variable usage by pg_dump because it would be reset to '' (default) by
pg_dump after each time it is used.  I assume explicit_tablespace would
always override the schema or database tablespace because it is
"explicit".

In fact this would partially fix the TODO we have:* Allow database recovery where tablespaces can't be created  When a
pg_dumpis restored, all tablespaces will attempt to be created  in their original locations. If this fails, the user
mustbe able to  adjust the restore process.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open Items

Дата:
Gavin Sherry wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> > >     o remove non-portable TABLESPACE clause from CREATE TABLE and
> > >       use a new default_tablespace SET variable
> >
> > I'm coming around to the conclusion that this is simply a bad idea.
>
> I feel the same way for more or less the reasons you outline.
>
> > What we might want to do is invent a --notablespace option for pg_dump,
> > comparable to --noowner, to let someone make a dump that contains no
> > TABLESPACE clauses.
>
> That's a useful feature but I'm not sure it solves the problem people
> originally put (to me at least). User has data in a tablespace on a
> seperate device. The device crashes fatally and the user needs to restore
> the database. All the user's dumps contain tablespace clauses because the
> user did not anticipate the device dying. This, I think, is why people
> wanted to either ignore tablespace clauses, have an override or something
> else.

See my posting about using 'explicit_tablespace' and having it issue a
warning if it doesn't exist during create.

> I still think, however, that a workable solution is to bring up a new
> system, create the tablespaces on some online partition, and pg_restore
> the dump. pg_dump does not dump CREATE TABLESPACE so we wont encounter
> problems there.

pg_dumpall does dump CREATE TABLESPACE.  It depends if he is using
pg_dump on individual databases or pg_dumpall.  If he is using pg_dump
he is also pg_dumpall --globals-only and the global restore is where he
can made the adjustments.  Of course, the 'explicit_tablespace' works
with pg_dumpall too because everything destined for a non-existant
tablespace goes into the default for that object.

Pennsylvania19073

Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump

Дата:
One additional idea for this item is to use CREATE to first create the
object, then move it using ALTER, and the ALTER might fail if the
tablespace doesn't exist.  The only problem with that is this TODO item:
       o Allow databases and schemas to be moved to different tablespaces
       One complexity is whether moving a schema should move all existing       schema objects or just define the
locationfor future object creation.

If we add a new SET variable and use it in pg_dump we will have to
support it forever even if there is no practical use for it.

(ALTER was originally part of the open item but I removed it thinking we
might not have space to load the table in the default location, but I
forgot we create it empty and could move it before we load it.)

One interesting side-affect of allowing tablespace specification to fail
is that it might give users enough control that we can mark this item as
done:* Allow database recovery where tablespaces can't be created  When a pg_dump is restored, all tablespaces will
attemptto be created  in their original locations. If this fails, the user must be able to  adjust the restore
process.

One idea would be that users could create any tablespaces or objects
they want to change before they do the restore and the restore would use
their new configuration and just error/skip the items they already
created.  (This would also behave well if you load the dump and say stop
on any errors.)

For example, if you want to eliminate a tablespace, you just don't
create the directory and load your dump.  Tablespace create will fail,
and all objects that use that tablespace will fail their ALTER and will
remain in their default locations.  This actually seems less error-prone
than the idea of them manually changing things in the dump file.

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > >     o remove non-portable TABLESPACE clause from CREATE TABLE and
> > >       use a new default_tablespace SET variable
> >
> > I'm coming around to the conclusion that this is simply a bad idea.
> >
> > The problem with having such a SET variable is that it plays hob with
> > the existing definition about where schemas and tables get a default
> > tablespace from.  Which source wins (the database or schema default
> > tablespace, or the SET variable)?  And why?  The only really clean way
> > to have a SET variable for this is to forget about schema- or
> > table-based defaults.  Do we want to do that?  (Hey, it'd solve the
> > problem with schema tablespaces being droppable, because there wouldn't
> > *be* any such thing as a schema's tablespace anymore.  But on the whole
> > this seems like a step backward in usability.)
>
> Agreed, a step backwards, but see below.
>
> > What we might want to do is invent a --notablespace option for pg_dump,
> > comparable to --noowner, to let someone make a dump that contains no
> > TABLESPACE clauses.
>
> Yea, that would work, but we went through so much work to allow SQL
> standard DDL statements, and it seems a shame to break it just for
> tablespaces.
>
> And, having it be a separate SET would also allow the tablespace
> creation to fail and still get the objects created.  (If the
> explicit_tablespace doesn't exist during CREATE, we throw a warning.
> This would contrast with a create _failure_ when the tablespace doesn't
> exist and you say 'TABLESPACE t1' in CREATE.)
>
> So there were actually two uses for this, one for standards compliance,
> and the other was for flexibility in restoring to a system where the
> tablespaces can't be created.  The SET could give us different behavior
> (warning vs. error) which would be useful for pg_dump.
>
> Could we call it "explicit_tablespace" and when it is "", it is the
> default, but when it isn't it is just like using 'TABLESPACE t1' in the
> CREATE, but throws a warning instead of an error if the tablespace
> doesn't exist?
>
> My assumption is that it would not be like the default_with_oids
> variable usage by pg_dump because it would be reset to '' (default) by
> pg_dump after each time it is used.  I assume explicit_tablespace would
> always override the schema or database tablespace because it is
> "explicit".
>
> In fact this would partially fix the TODO we have:
>
>     * Allow database recovery where tablespaces can't be created
>
>       When a pg_dump is restored, all tablespaces will attempt to be created
>       in their original locations. If this fails, the user must be able to
>       adjust the restore process.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open Items

От
Fabien COELHO
Дата:
Dear Tom,

>>     o remove non-portable TABLESPACE clause from CREATE TABLE and
>>       use a new default_tablespace SET variable
>
> I'm coming around to the conclusion that this is simply a bad idea.

I agree that the "set" approach is error prone.

Another idea was to issue an "ALTER" after the CREATE.

That would move the empty table from one tablespace to another, at small
cost. If it fails, it is simply ignored by the restoration process,
but the table was already created so it exists.

> What we might want to do is invent a --notablespace option for pg_dump,
> comparable to --noowner, to let someone make a dump that contains no
> TABLESPACE clauses.

(1) --notablespace would be useful, but it would not fix the problem    I had in mind, i.e. the transfer (possibly
aftera crash) of data    to another base which would not have these tablespaces. If the disk    is crashed, I cannot
redothe pg_dump.

(2) thus it would help to be able to decide this at "restore" time.    I think that one of the implementation idea was
tostore the    information into some headers.

(3) possible current workaround for the desperate admin:    (a) create fake tablespaces as necessary...    (b)
pg_restore... | sed 's/TABLESPACE .*//' | psql ...

Have a nice day,

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr

Re: Open Items

Дата:
I just posted this idea with a new heading.  ALTER seems like the right
approach, but notice we need to complete another TODO item to allow
tablespace movement of databases and schemas.

Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Dear Tom,
>
> >>     o remove non-portable TABLESPACE clause from CREATE TABLE and
> >>       use a new default_tablespace SET variable
> >
> > I'm coming around to the conclusion that this is simply a bad idea.
>
> I agree that the "set" approach is error prone.
>
> Another idea was to issue an "ALTER" after the CREATE.
>
> That would move the empty table from one tablespace to another, at small
> cost. If it fails, it is simply ignored by the restoration process,
> but the table was already created so it exists.
>
> > What we might want to do is invent a --notablespace option for pg_dump,
> > comparable to --noowner, to let someone make a dump that contains no
> > TABLESPACE clauses.
>
> (1) --notablespace would be useful, but it would not fix the problem
>      I had in mind, i.e. the transfer (possibly after a crash) of data
>      to another base which would not have these tablespaces. If the disk
>      is crashed, I cannot redo the pg_dump.
>
> (2) thus it would help to be able to decide this at "restore" time.
>      I think that one of the implementation idea was to store the
>      information into some headers.
>
> (3) possible current workaround for the desperate admin:
>      (a) create fake tablespaces as necessary...
>      (b) pg_restore ... | sed 's/TABLESPACE .*//' | psql ...
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> --
> Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open Items

От
"Zeugswetter Andreas DAZ SD"
Дата:
>     o fix shared memory on Win2k terminal server
>
>     We might be able to just mark this as not supported.

I have attached a patch that I think fixes this. The problem I saw
and fixed is, that the shmem created in a terminal services client is not
visible to the console (or services.msc).

It was necessary to differenciate OS versions, this might be better put
elsewhere.

I think in addition the system global name "sharemem.1" should be made more
pg specific, like "PostgreSQL.1". I have not done this since a new compile
would not detect a running old beta. But now would be the time (or never).

Andreas

Вложения

Re: Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump

Дата:
> One additional idea for this item is to use CREATE to first create the
> object, then move it using ALTER, and the ALTER might fail if the
> tablespace doesn't exist.

This seems fairly impractical, at least for indexes where there is no
way to do the ALTER before the object is filled with data.

> If we add a new SET variable and use it in pg_dump we will have to
> support it forever even if there is no practical use for it.

Yeah, that's one thing that bothers me.

> One interesting side-affect of allowing tablespace specification to fail
> is that it might give users enough control that we can mark this item as
> done:

Hmm, here's a variant idea: how about a GUC variable named something like
"soft_tablespace_specs" which when TRUE would mean that a nonexistent
tablespace name in a TABLESPACE clause is ignored (maybe with a WARNING)
rather than being an error, and so the object is created in whatever the
default tablespace for it would be.  You wouldn't even necessarily want
to have pg_dump set this true for itself, but people could turn it on
when they needed to load a dump with wrong tablespace names in it.
(If we didn't have pg_dump turn it on automatically, then we'd not be
beholden to support it forever.)
        regards, tom lane

Re: [PATCHES] Open Items

Дата:
Agreed on the memory name change and I will do it when I apply the
patch.

and approves it.

Zeugswetter Andreas DAZ SD wrote:

> >     o fix shared memory on Win2k terminal server
> >
> >     We might be able to just mark this as not supported.
>
> I have attached a patch that I think fixes this. The problem I saw
> and fixed is, that the shmem created in a terminal services client is not
> visible to the console (or services.msc).
>
> It was necessary to differenciate OS versions, this might be better put
> elsewhere.
>
> I think in addition the system global name "sharemem.1" should be made more
> pg specific, like "PostgreSQL.1". I have not done this since a new compile
> would not detect a running old beta. But now would be the time (or never).
>
> Andreas

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Tom Lane wrote:
> > One additional idea for this item is to use CREATE to first create the
> > object, then move it using ALTER, and the ALTER might fail if the
> > tablespace doesn't exist.
>
> This seems fairly impractical, at least for indexes where there is no
> way to do the ALTER before the object is filled with data.
>
> > If we add a new SET variable and use it in pg_dump we will have to
> > support it forever even if there is no practical use for it.
>
> Yeah, that's one thing that bothers me.
>
> > One interesting side-affect of allowing tablespace specification to fail
> > is that it might give users enough control that we can mark this item as
> > done:
>
> Hmm, here's a variant idea: how about a GUC variable named something like
> "soft_tablespace_specs" which when TRUE would mean that a nonexistent
> tablespace name in a TABLESPACE clause is ignored (maybe with a WARNING)
> rather than being an error, and so the object is created in whatever the
> default tablespace for it would be.  You wouldn't even necessarily want
> to have pg_dump set this true for itself, but people could turn it on
> when they needed to load a dump with wrong tablespace names in it.
> (If we didn't have pg_dump turn it on automatically, then we'd not be
> beholden to support it forever.)

That's a nice idea in that it doesn't require a SET for every object
that uses tablespace, and allows user control over tablespace failure.

The only downside is that it prevents SQL-compliant CREATE syntax in
dumps.  I was thinking you could use ALTER just for tables but then the
tablespace failure rules would be different for tables and other
objects, which is unacceptable.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump

От
Philip Warner
Дата:
At 03:15 AM 19/10/2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>The only downside is that it prevents SQL-compliant CREATE syntax in
>dumps.

One idea that may be worth considering: we currently dump a complete SQL
statement including a TABLESPACE clause, which makes it hard to allow
pg_restore to have a 'no tablespaces' option (it is fixed by pg_dump).

To solve this, we should dump the table definition as a format string and
dump the tablespace clause (ie. ' TABLESPACE ts') as a separate part of the
table definition TOC entry. If the user wants the tablespace to be dumped,
then we substitute the tablespace clause, otherwise a blank string. This
could be a useful general approach in the future.

The main issue will be quoting the clause identifiers (if we use
'%%tablespace%%' then we have to handle columns or tables whose names
contain '%%tablespace%%'. Simplest would be to backslash quote all '%' and
'\' then do subs.

Also, I like the option of a soft-tablespace option, but also liked the
idea of the fake/logical/virtual tablespaces someone suggested earlier; if
restoring into a database without a required tablespace, then create a
virtual tablespace that points to pg_default.

Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|                                 |    --________--
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp.mit.edu:11371       |/

Re: Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump

Дата:
> To solve this, we should dump the table definition as a format string and
> dump the tablespace clause (ie. ' TABLESPACE ts') as a separate part of the
> table definition TOC entry. If the user wants the tablespace to be dumped,
> then we substitute the tablespace clause, otherwise a blank string. This
> could be a useful general approach in the future.

I think the tricky part of that would be inserting the tablespace clause
in the right place; for CREATE INDEX this seems to require nontrivial
parsing.  (Both the index column definitions and the WHERE clause could
be arbitrarily complicated expressions.)  If we can get around that part
then this wouldn't be too hard.

> Also, I like the option of a soft-tablespace option, but also liked the
> idea of the fake/logical/virtual tablespaces someone suggested earlier; if
> restoring into a database without a required tablespace, then create a
> virtual tablespace that points to pg_default.

Given that tablespaces are fundamentally only directories, there isn't
any particularly strong reason to not just make a real tablespace.  You
aren't going to constrain space allocation or anything by having another
directory in/alongside $PGDATA.  So I think the "virtual tablespace"
idea is basically pointless.

The real crux of all this, I think, is "what if I want to restore as
a non-superuser, and so I don't have privilege to create tablespaces
to match what the dump wants?"  The soft-failure option provides an
answer here, but creating either real or virtual tablespaces wouldn't
fly.  A "--notablespace" option in pg_restore would solve it too, but
only if you'd done an -Fc or -Ft dump; with a plain text dump you
still got trouble.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump

От
Philip Warner
Дата:
At 03:06 AM 20/10/2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>I think the tricky part of that would be inserting the tablespace clause
>in the right place; for CREATE INDEX this seems to require nontrivial
>parsing.  (Both the index column definitions and the WHERE clause could
>be arbitrarily complicated expressions.)  If we can get around that part
>then this wouldn't be too hard.

I may be missing something here; I was assuming that pg_dump would dump
would build the CREATE INDEX/TABLE/etc commands with the %%tablespace%%
already embedded. pg_restore would not need to do any parsing. Or is there
something I don't understand?

Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|                                 |    --________--
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp.mit.edu:11371       |/

Re: Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump

Дата:
> At 03:06 AM 20/10/2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think the tricky part of that would be inserting the tablespace clause
>> in the right place; for CREATE INDEX this seems to require nontrivial
>> parsing.  (Both the index column definitions and the WHERE clause could
>> be arbitrarily complicated expressions.)  If we can get around that part
>> then this wouldn't be too hard.

> I may be missing something here; I was assuming that pg_dump would dump
> would build the CREATE INDEX/TABLE/etc commands with the %%tablespace%%
> already embedded. pg_restore would not need to do any parsing. Or is there
> something I don't understand?

Maybe there's something I don't understand.  How are you expecting
pg_restore to control whether it outputs the command with a TABLESPACE
clause embedded or not, if pg_dump has already built the command string
that way?  I thought you were envisioning that pg_restore would insert,
or not insert, a TABLESPACE clause into a command that didn't initially
have one.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump

От
Philip Warner
Дата:
At 03:25 AM 20/10/2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>Maybe there's something I don't understand.  How are you expecting
>pg_restore to control whether it outputs the command with a TABLESPACE
>clause embedded or not, if pg_dump has already built the command string
>that way?

This will only work if we modify the dump format (a new version) of
dump/restore; the TOC entry for a table would have:

DEFINITION: CREATE TABLE fred ... %%tablespace%% ...
TABLESPACE: ' TABLESPACE t'

pg_restore would read these, and use the settings from the command line to
either substitute an empty string or the TABLESPACE text for %%tablespace%%
in the DEFINTION.

Same would apply for indexes etc.