Re: Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Philip Warner wrote:
> If we can adopt the move-after-create solution, then we really only have
> two options:
>
>   - virtual tablespaces (which do seem kind of useful, especially for
>     development vs. production config where the local/personal dev version
>     can use the same script as a production DB but not need half a dozen TSs)
>
>   - magic-tablespace-var that behaves like the schema search path

I was thinking we could have a var like schema search path that
specifies where we try to create the object:SET tablespace_path = 'tblspc1, pg_default';CREATE TABLE test(x int);

This combines the idea of pulling the TABLESPACE specification out of
the CREATE, and allows a fallback if the primary tablespace doesn't
exist.

Pennsylvania19073