Re: Open Items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Open Items
Дата
Re: Open Items  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: Open Items  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>     o remove non-portable TABLESPACE clause from CREATE TABLE and
>       use a new default_tablespace SET variable

I'm coming around to the conclusion that this is simply a bad idea.

The problem with having such a SET variable is that it plays hob with
the existing definition about where schemas and tables get a default
tablespace from.  Which source wins (the database or schema default
tablespace, or the SET variable)?  And why?  The only really clean way
to have a SET variable for this is to forget about schema- or
table-based defaults.  Do we want to do that?  (Hey, it'd solve the
problem with schema tablespaces being droppable, because there wouldn't
*be* any such thing as a schema's tablespace anymore.  But on the whole
this seems like a step backward in usability.)

What we might want to do is invent a --notablespace option for pg_dump,
comparable to --noowner, to let someone make a dump that contains no
TABLESPACE clauses.