Обсуждение: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
najmuddin hassan
Дата:
Hi,

I just installed a program called moteview by crossbow technologies. It uses postgreSQL 8.0.0-rc1 for its database. There is something wrong as when I launched the program it automaticly gives me an error that the database is not available. The postgreSQL database installation is bundled together with installation disk.  I read one of the mail discussion that that version of sql is no longer supported so I upgrade to version 8.3. The moteview program has a script called "resetdb.cmd" (script is given below) whereby as I understand it is to set the database for the program as server : localhost, database : task, user : tele, and password : tiny. When I run the resetdb.cmd program. The error below shows up:

psql: could not connect to server: connection refused (0x0000274D/10061). Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connection on port 5432.

I not a database person. I "googled" the error msg and from my reading it has something to do with authentication....

Can I have the solution to this matter. Thanks.

set PG_HOST=localhost
set PG_PORT=5432
set PG_USER=tele
set PG_PASS=tiny
set PG_DBASE=task
set PG_CONN=-h %PG_HOST% -p %PG_PORT% -U %PG_USER%

set PG_DDIR="C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data"
set PG_BIN="C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin"
set PATH=%PG_BIN%; %PATH%

if '%1' == ' ' goto START
set PG_DDIR=%1\PostgreSQL\8.3\data
set PG_BIN=%1\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin
set PATH=%PG_BIN%;%PATH%

: START

echo %PG_BIN%
echo %PG_DDIR%
echo %PATH%

echo "Granting permissions to access database"
copy pg_hba.conf %PG_DDIR%
net start pgsql-8.3
sleep 5
pg_ctl reload -D %PG_DDIR%

echo "Setting up PostgreSQL 8.3 database for Moteview"
psql -e %PG_CONN% template1 < db_user.sql
psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_moteview.sql
psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_xsensor.sql
psql -e %PG_CONN% %PG_DBASE% < db_sample_mts310.sql

echo DATABASE CREATION FINISHED

Appreciate your help...

Regards,
Najios

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:

> I just installed a program called moteview by crossbow technologies. It uses
> postgreSQL 8.0.0-rc1 for its database. There is something wrong as when I
> launched the program it automaticly gives me an error that the database is not
> available. The postgreSQL database installation is bundled together with
> installation disk.  I read one of the mail discussion that that version of sql
> is no longer supported so I upgrade to version 8.3. The moteview program has a
> script called "resetdb.cmd" (script is given below) whereby as I understand it
> is to set the database for the program as server : localhost, database : task,
> user : tele, and password : tiny. When I run the resetdb.cmd program. The error
> below shows up:
>
> psql: could not connect to server: connection refused (0x0000274D/10061). Is
> the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connection on port
> 5432.
>
> I not a database person. I "googled" the error msg and from my reading it has
> something to do with authentication....

No, it can't connect to the DB. Is there something like a personal
firewall and/or anti-virus-software installed?

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Fwd: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
najmuddin hassan
Дата:
I've have AVG installed and I've remove it and I've turn off the windows firewall.

When I go to PostgreSQL 8.3 > Start

The command prompt window appears with text.
"The PostgreSQL Database server 8.3 is starting........"
the dot will appear for sometime like something is running then the next msg appear
"The PostgreSQL Database server 8.3 could not be started"

Same goes if I use in command prompt
net start pgsql-8.3
Any solution......

> I just installed a program called moteview by crossbow technologies. It uses
> postgreSQL 8.0.0-rc1 for its database. There is something wrong as when I
> launched the program it automaticly gives me an error that the database is not
> available. The postgreSQL database installation is bundled together with
> installation disk.  I read one of the mail discussion that that version of sql
> is no longer supported so I upgrade to version 8.3. The moteview program has a
> script called "resetdb.cmd" (script is given below) whereby as I understand it
> is to set the database for the program as server : localhost, database : task,
> user : tele, and password : tiny. When I run the resetdb.cmd program. The error
> below shows up:
>
> psql: could not connect to server: connection refused (0x0000274D/10061). Is
> the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connection on port
> 5432.
>
> I not a database person. I "googled" the error msg and from my reading it has
> something to do with authentication....

No, it can't connect to the DB. Is there something like a personal
firewall and/or anti-virus-software installed?

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47150,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)
GnuPG-ID:   0x3FFF606C, privat 0x7F4584DA   http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

Дата:
najmuddin hassan <najios1@gmail.com> writes:
> I just installed a program called moteview by crossbow technologies. It uses
> postgreSQL 8.0.0-rc1 for its database.

Egad.  Based on that statement alone, I will tell you that crossbow is
a bunch of incompetent idiots and you should not trust their software
in the slightest.  8.0.0-rc1 is years old, has MANY known bugs, and
was never meant for production use even when it was released.

Don't even bother trying to get this to work --- find some other
software that's built with something resembling sane engineering
practices.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Fwd: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
najmuddin hassan <najios1@gmail.com> schrieb:

> I've have AVG installed and I've remove it and I've turn off the windows
> firewall.

Maybe your AVG is the problem... don't know, i'm not familiar with
windoze and so on...

> When I go to PostgreSQL 8.3 > Start
>
> The command prompt window appears with text.
> "The PostgreSQL Database server 8.3 is starting........"
> the dot will appear for sometime like something is running then the next msg
> appear
> "The PostgreSQL Database server 8.3 could not be started"
>
> Same goes if I use in command prompt
> net start pgsql-8.3
> Any solution......

See the server-log for details. And please no top-posting, thx.

Andreas