Обсуждение: PHP Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server:

PHP Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server:

От
Abdus Samad Ansari
PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
could not connect to server:
I have setup PHP/Postgres and is running fine upto document root
i.e. /var/www/html, but when i am calling it through a cgi-bin php file
it is giving log error as :
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect
to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: \x04\xe6\xe3\xbfPF;

what may be the solution.

--Abdus Samad Ansari

Hi,

Abdus Samad Ansari wrote:
> PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> could not connect to server:
> I have setup PHP/Postgres and is running fine upto document root
> i.e. /var/www/html, but when i am calling it through a cgi-bin php file
> it is giving log error as :
> [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect
> to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: \x04\xe6\xe3\xbfPF;

well there are a couple of checks you could do to find out:

1) decide how to connect - via IP or via unix socket
2) in each of the above see if postmaster is indeed listening to that
    socket (netstat is your friend)
    - adjust postgresql.conf and/or start options accordingly.
    depending on your distribution you might want to enable logging
3) try connection via psql command line client
    - see if you have matching pg_hba.conf entries
4) try to connect via psql command line client with the same user your
    script runs (apache in your case)
    - same as (3) but ident vs. md5 (password) in pg_hba.conf

after all you might want to use some pooling layer because pg_connect
from cgi can get very expensive (also note that outside of PHP there
are a lot possible elegant solutions to that)

Tino

Вложения

Re: PHP Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server:

От
"Harald Armin Massa"
Дата:
hello,

most crucial information is missing, like:

- your operating system
- your postgresql version
- on which computer is your database server running
- is your database server running

But most likely your problem is that you did not configure PostgreSQL
to listen to TCP/IP-requests. Which again makes it most likely that
you are using a way outdated PostgreSQL Version (that ist < 8.x)

Please update to 8.3.1, and adjust your postgresql.conf, parameter

"listen_addresses (string)"

accordingly.

Best wishes,

Harald

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Abdus Samad Ansari
<ansarias@wbpcb.gov.in> wrote:
> PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
>  could not connect to server:
>  I have setup PHP/Postgres and is running fine upto document root
>  i.e. /var/www/html, but when i am calling it through a cgi-bin php file
>  it is giving log error as :
>  [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect
>  to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: \x04\xe6\xe3\xbfPF;
>
>  what may be the solution.
>
>  --Abdus Samad Ansari
>

>  --

GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Spielberger Straße 49
70435 Stuttgart
0173/9409607
fx 01212-5-13695179
-
EuroPython 2008 will take place in Vilnius, Lithuania - Stay tuned!

Abdus Samad Ansari <ansarias@wbpcb.gov.in> writes:
> I have setup PHP/Postgres and is running fine upto document root
> i.e. /var/www/html, but when i am calling it through a cgi-bin php file
> it is giving log error as :
> [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect
> to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: \x04\xe6\xe3\xbfPF;

Hmm, so the most useful part of the error message is getting trashed :-(

One possible explanation for that is that you're using a non-thread-safe
libpq in a threaded environment.  What PG version is your libpq,
exactly, and how did you build or obtain it?

            regards, tom lane

Abdus Samad Ansari <ansarias@wbpcb.gov.in> writes:
> I have setup PHP/Postgres and is running fine upto document root
> i.e. /var/www/html, but when i am calling it through a cgi-bin php
> file
> it is giving log error as :
> [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to
> connect
> to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: \x04\xe6\xe3\xbfPF;

I don't know how the error message is structured, but if
"\x04\xe6\xe3\xbfP" refers to the host, perhaps the connection string
you are handing to pg_connect() is trashed. What is the actual code
you are using for this call?

-- Andy

On May 12, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Abdus Samad Ansari wrote:

> PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> could not connect to server:
> I have setup PHP/Postgres and is running fine upto document root
> i.e. /var/www/html, but when i am calling it through a cgi-bin php
> file
> it is giving log error as :
> [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to
> connect
> to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: \x04\xe6\xe3\xbfPF;

Isn't that the server name it's printing after the message? Seems an
odd name for a server...
If I enter that in Vim I get "^Dæã¿PF", which doesn't even seem a
valid UTF-8 sequence according to my quick checks.

> what may be the solution.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,482930f1927662132392431!

Re: PHP Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server:

От
Abdus Samad Ansari
Дата:
The problem is solved, it was the Enhanced Security which was on and
creating problem in connecting with postgres thru cgi.

Thanks alot!

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 17:55, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Abdus Samad Ansari wrote:
> > PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> > could not connect to server:
> > I have setup PHP/Postgres and is running fine upto document root
> > i.e. /var/www/html, but when i am calling it through a cgi-bin php file
> > it is giving log error as :
> > [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect
> > to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: \x04\xe6\xe3\xbfPF;
> >
> well there are a couple of checks you could do to find out:
>
> 1) decide how to connect - via IP or via unix socket
> 2) in each of the above see if postmaster is indeed listening to that
>     socket (netstat is your friend)
>     - adjust postgresql.conf and/or start options accordingly.
>     depending on your distribution you might want to enable logging
> 3) try connection via psql command line client
>     - see if you have matching pg_hba.conf entries
> 4) try to connect via psql command line client with the same user your
>     script runs (apache in your case)
>     - same as (3) but ident vs. md5 (password) in pg_hba.conf
>
> after all you might want to use some pooling layer because pg_connect
> from cgi can get very expensive (also note that outside of PHP there
> are a lot possible elegant solutions to that)
>
> Tino
Abdus Samad Ansari
"Paribesh Bhawan" 10A, LA Block,
Sec III, Salt Lake, Kolkata - 700 098