Re: PHP Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server:

От Abdus Samad Ansari
Тема Re: PHP Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The problem is solved, it was the Enhanced Security which was on and
creating problem in connecting with postgres thru cgi.

Thanks alot!

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 17:55, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Abdus Samad Ansari wrote:
> > PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> > could not connect to server:
> > I have setup PHP/Postgres and is running fine upto document root
> > i.e. /var/www/html, but when i am calling it through a cgi-bin php file
> > it is giving log error as :
> > [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  pg_connect(): Unable to connect
> > to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: \x04\xe6\xe3\xbfPF;
> >
> well there are a couple of checks you could do to find out:
>
> 1) decide how to connect - via IP or via unix socket
> 2) in each of the above see if postmaster is indeed listening to that
>     socket (netstat is your friend)
>     - adjust postgresql.conf and/or start options accordingly.
>     depending on your distribution you might want to enable logging
> 3) try connection via psql command line client
>     - see if you have matching pg_hba.conf entries
> 4) try to connect via psql command line client with the same user your
>     script runs (apache in your case)
>     - same as (3) but ident vs. md5 (password) in pg_hba.conf
>
> after all you might want to use some pooling layer because pg_connect
> from cgi can get very expensive (also note that outside of PHP there
> are a lot possible elegant solutions to that)
>
> Tino
Abdus Samad Ansari
"Paribesh Bhawan" 10A, LA Block,
Sec III, Salt Lake, Kolkata - 700 098