Обсуждение: dns less connection

dns less connection

От
marcelo Cortez
Дата:
hi all

 there any was successful with connect to postgres
with psqlodbc in dsn less mode?  It's wrong list for
this subject?  any pointer be appreciated
best regards
mdc

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: dns less connection

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 08:46:23PM -0300, marcelo Cortez wrote:
> hi all
>
>  there any was successful with connect to postgres
> with psqlodbc in dsn less mode?  It's wrong list for
> this subject?  any pointer be appreciated

Certainly, all the time. For example (unix people close your eyes, this is
vbscript):

dbconn.Open "Driver={PostgreSQL UNICODE};DATABASE=admin;SERVER=my.server.se;uid=" &
wshshell.Environment("PROCESS")("USERNAME")

//Magnus

Re: dns less connection

От
marcelo Cortez
Дата:
Hi folks

Magnus thanks for respond, but i can't success full
with this.
Hi think it's string connection mater, but can't
connect, you try any time without pgsqlodbc
installed?.
I'm  not using (vb) :D but using COM way.
Every time odcb reclaim for MS "dont know default
driver" or something like this, even psqlodb
installed.
Any suggestion will be appreciated?

best regards
MDC

--- Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> escribió:

> On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 08:46:23PM -0300, marcelo
> Cortez wrote:
> > hi all
> >
> >  there any was successful with connect to postgres
> > with psqlodbc in dsn less mode?  It's wrong list
> for
> > this subject?  any pointer be appreciated
>
> Certainly, all the time. For example (unix people
> close your eyes, this is
> vbscript):
>
> dbconn.Open "Driver={PostgreSQL
> UNICODE};DATABASE=admin;SERVER=my.server.se;uid=" &
> wshshell.Environment("PROCESS")("USERNAME")
>
> //Magnus
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will
> ignore your desire to
>        choose an index scan if your joining column's
> datatypes do not
>        match

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: dns less connection

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
No, you need pgsqlodbc installed. You just don't need a DSN configured, but
the driver has to be installed.

//Magnus

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 10:19:29AM -0300, marcelo Cortez wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Magnus thanks for respond, but i can't success full
> with this.
> Hi think it's string connection mater, but can't
> connect, you try any time without pgsqlodbc
> installed?.
> I'm  not using (vb) :D but using COM way.
> Every time odcb reclaim for MS "dont know default
> driver" or something like this, even psqlodb
> installed.
> Any suggestion will be appreciated?
>
> best regards
> MDC
>
> --- Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> escribió:
>
> > On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 08:46:23PM -0300, marcelo
> > Cortez wrote:
> > > hi all
> > >
> > >  there any was successful with connect to postgres
> > > with psqlodbc in dsn less mode?  It's wrong list
> > for
> > > this subject?  any pointer be appreciated
> >
> > Certainly, all the time. For example (unix people
> > close your eyes, this is
> > vbscript):
> >
> > dbconn.Open "Driver={PostgreSQL
> > UNICODE};DATABASE=admin;SERVER=my.server.se;uid=" &
> > wshshell.Environment("PROCESS")("USERNAME")
> >
> > //Magnus
> >
> > ---------------------------(end of
> > broadcast)---------------------------
> > TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will
> > ignore your desire to
> >        choose an index scan if your joining column's
> > datatypes do not
> >        match
> >

>       __________________________________________________
> Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
> Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
> está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
> ¡Probalo ya!
> http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: dns less connection

От
Andreas
Дата:
There is actually an ODBC list vor PG availlable ;)

The drivers name is   postgresql unicode
or    postgresql ansi    depending on your needs.

Driver={PostgreSQL UNICODE};DATABASE=X1;SERVER=X2;PORT=X3;UID=X4;PWD=X5;X6;

This is the connection string but you have to replace
X1  with the name of your database
X2  ...................... server
X3  your port ... ok this would probaply be 5432
X4, X5   your PG-username and password
X6  are ODBC parameters that you like to use e.g.
"BoolsAsChar=0;TrueIsMinus1=1;RowVersioning=1;"

This works at least for ADODB.

DAO had it like this:
ODBC;Driver=PostgreSQL

marcelo Cortez schrieb:
> Hi folks
>
> Magnus thanks for respond, but i can't success full
> with this.
> Hi think it's string connection mater, but can't
> connect, you try any time without pgsqlodbc
> installed?.
> I'm  not using (vb) :D but using COM way.
> Every time odcb reclaim for MS "dont know default
> driver" or something like this, even psqlodb
> installed.
> Any suggestion will be appreciated?
>
> best regards
> MDC
>
> --- Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> escribió:
>

>> On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 08:46:23PM -0300, marcelo
>> Cortez wrote:
>>
>>> hi all
>>>
>>>  there any was successful with connect to postgres
>>> with psqlodbc in dsn less mode?  It's wrong list
>>>
>> for
>>
>>> this subject?  any pointer be appreciated
>>>
>> Certainly, all the time. For example (unix people
>> close your eyes, this is
>> vbscript):
>>
>> dbconn.Open "Driver={PostgreSQL
>> UNICODE};DATABASE=admin;SERVER=my.server.se;uid=" &
>> wshshell.Environment("PROCESS")("USERNAME")
>>
>> //Magnus
>>
>> ---------------------------(end of
>> broadcast)---------------------------
>> TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will
>> ignore your desire to
>>        choose an index scan if your joining column's
>> datatypes do not
>>        match
>>

>       __________________________________________________
> Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
> Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
> está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
> ¡Probalo ya!
> http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: dns less connection

От
marcelo Cortez
Дата:
Andreas ,Magnus

 I do where you say me but...

' ''IM002: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data
source name not found and no default driver
specified''')
 i'm follow your instrutions and replace parts of
connectString but don't work .
Later a try with debugging options.
best regards

MDC

--- Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net> escribió:

> There is actually an ODBC list vor PG availlable ;)
>

> The drivers name is   postgresql unicode
> or    postgresql ansi    depending on your needs.
>
> Driver={PostgreSQL

UNICODE};DATABASE=X1;SERVER=X2;PORT=X3;UID=X4;PWD=X5;X6;

> This is the connection string but you have to
> replace
> X1  with the name of your database
> X2  ...................... server
> X3  your port ... ok this would probaply be 5432
> X4, X5   your PG-username and password
> X6  are ODBC parameters that you like to use e.g.
> "BoolsAsChar=0;TrueIsMinus1=1;RowVersioning=1;"
>
> This works at least for ADODB.
>
> DAO had it like this:
> ODBC;Driver=PostgreSQL

UNICODE;DATABASE=X1;SERVER=X2;PORT=X3;UID=X4;PWD=X5;X6;

> marcelo Cortez schrieb:
> > Hi folks
> >
> > Magnus thanks for respond, but i can't success
> full
> > with this.
> > Hi think it's string connection mater, but can't
> > connect, you try any time without pgsqlodbc
> > installed?.
> > I'm  not using (vb) :D but using COM way.
> > Every time odcb reclaim for MS "dont know default
> > driver" or something like this, even psqlodb
> > installed.
> > Any suggestion will be appreciated?
> >
> > best regards
> > MDC
> >
> > --- Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
> escribió:

> postgres
> >>>
> >> for

> >> Certainly, all the time. For example (unix people
> >> close your eyes, this is
> >> vbscript):
> >>
> >> dbconn.Open "Driver={PostgreSQL
> >> UNICODE};DATABASE=admin;SERVER=my.server.se;uid="
> &
> >> wshshell.Environment("PROCESS")("USERNAME")
> >>
> >> //Magnus
> >>
> >> ---------------------------(end of
> >> broadcast)---------------------------
> >> TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will
> >> ignore your desire to
> >>        choose an index scan if your joining
> column's
> >> datatypes do not
> >>        match

> > Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
> > Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
> > está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
> > ¡Probalo ya!
> > http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas
> >

> > ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------

>                http://archives.postgresql.org/

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: dns less connection

От
Andrei Kovalevski
Дата:
    Hi!

    First of all, be sure you have PostgreSQL ODBC driver installed. To
do this - follow:
  start ->control panel -> administrative tools -> data sources (ODBC)
-> drivers
    If you see in a list "PostgreSQL ANSI" or "PostgreSQL Unicode" -
this means driver is installed, otherwise - you should install one of
the PostgreSQL ODBC drivers:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc
http://projects.commandprompt.com/projects/public/odbcng

    If you already have installed driver - post here your
ConnectionString, so we see it and help.