Обсуждение: Sourceforge moving to DB2

Sourceforge moving to DB2

Дата:
Sourceforge (VA Software), in a deal with IBM, is moving away from
PostgreSQL and Oracle and moving to use DB2 and IBM software for their
site:

    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2120770,00.html

Re: Sourceforge moving to DB2

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Sourceforge (VA Software), in a deal with IBM, is moving away from
> PostgreSQL and Oracle and moving to use DB2 and IBM software for their
> site:
>
>     http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2120770,00.html

What's next?  MSSQL?

Vince.
      http://www.camping-usa.com      http://www.cloudninegifts.com
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com

Re: Sourceforge moving to DB2

Дата:
Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Sourceforge (VA Software), in a deal with IBM, is moving away from
> > PostgreSQL and Oracle and moving to use DB2 and IBM software for their
> > site:
> >
> >     http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2120770,00.html
>
> What's next?  MSSQL?

Yes, Sourceforge (VA Software) is pretty much all over the map looking
for revenue, and the article alludes to that.  Ultimately, I don't think
they will be successful.

Re: Sourceforge moving to DB2

От
Gregory Seidman