Re: Sourceforge moving to DB2

От Roderick A. Anderson
Тема Re: Sourceforge moving to DB2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> There is, however, the "open secret" problem still: not everyone in
> the company, including some very senior people, like talking very much
> about our use of PostgreSQL (although I believe that is changing).

I am running into a similar situation.  Commercial verses OpenSource.
When I suggested an OpenSource solution (in this case it wasn't a
database) I heard that no one knows it whereas they know about xxx.  I had
never heard of xxx, oh well.
   In another situation the client wanted bragging rights.  At $1500 a pop
for extra licenses (5 i believe) they can brag all they want.  Me, I'd
spend the money on infrastruture.

Rod