Обсуждение: ODBC Driver not allowing updates into views

ODBC Driver not allowing updates into views

От
Firas Khasawneh
Дата:
Hi,

I am using Postgres 9.3.2 and the application I am working on requires upda=
ting views, inserting into views and delete from views. None of these opera=
tion are working from ODBC.
The same are possible when connecting to the database via JDBC or psql.

NB: I am not part of any of the email lists.

Thanks and Regards,
Firas Khasawneh

Re: ODBC Driver not allowing updates into views

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 2/7/2014 8:51 AM, Firas Khasawneh wrote:

> I am using Postgres 9.3.2 and the application I am working on requires
> updating views, inserting into views and delete from views. None of
> these operation are working from ODBC.
>
> The same are possible when connecting to the database via JDBC or psql.

Writable views is a fairly new feature in PostgreSQL, added in 9.3, I'm
guessing the ODBC drivers haven't caught up with this yet.

It would be helpful to know what sort of ODBC driver you're using...
there's ODBC on Unix systems, and Microsoft Windows ODBC, and I believe
there's a couple different implementations of the PostgreSQL ODBC
drivers for each of these environments..   Those ODBC drivers are not
part of the core PostgreSQL project, and likely have their own bug lists.

(please reply to pgsql-bugs rather than me directly).

Re: ODBC Driver not allowing updates into views

От
Firas Khasawneh
Дата:
I am using Postgres 93 ODBC on Centos. so hopefully this is the latest. Thi=
s is not an issue in JDBC but it seems a problem only in ODBC. If anybody h=
ave any suggestion or if Postgres is going to provide this feature that wou=
ld be very helpful. We are at a point where we are dropping Postgres suppor=
t from our product because of this.

[...]

Haribabu Kommi
Дата:
On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 1:50 AM, Firas Khasawneh <Firas.Khasawneh@sas.com>wrote:

>  I am using Postgres 93 ODBC on Centos. so hopefully this is the latest.
> This is not an issue in JDBC but it seems a problem only in ODBC. If
> anybody have any suggestion or if Postgres is going to provide this feature
> that would be very helpful. We are at a point where we are dropping
> Postgres support from our product because of this.

Can you please post your question to the odbc mailing list -
pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org.

Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia Software Technology