Re: ODBC Driver not allowing updates into views

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: ODBC Driver not allowing updates into views
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2/7/2014 8:51 AM, Firas Khasawneh wrote:

> I am using Postgres 9.3.2 and the application I am working on requires
> updating views, inserting into views and delete from views. None of
> these operation are working from ODBC.
>
> The same are possible when connecting to the database via JDBC or psql.

Writable views is a fairly new feature in PostgreSQL, added in 9.3, I'm
guessing the ODBC drivers haven't caught up with this yet.

It would be helpful to know what sort of ODBC driver you're using...
there's ODBC on Unix systems, and Microsoft Windows ODBC, and I believe
there's a couple different implementations of the PostgreSQL ODBC
drivers for each of these environments..   Those ODBC drivers are not
part of the core PostgreSQL project, and likely have their own bug lists.

(please reply to pgsql-bugs rather than me directly).