Re: ODBC Driver not allowing updates into views

От Firas Khasawneh
Тема Re: ODBC Driver not allowing updates into views
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I am using Postgres 93 ODBC on Centos. so hopefully this is the latest. Thi=
s is not an issue in JDBC but it seems a problem only in ODBC. If anybody h=
ave any suggestion or if Postgres is going to provide this feature that wou=
ld be very helpful. We are at a point where we are dropping Postgres suppor=
t from our product because of this.

From: John R Pierce [mailto:pierce@hogranch.com]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 3:45 PM
To: Firas Khasawneh
Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] ODBC Driver not allowing updates into views

On 2/7/2014 8:51 AM, Firas Khasawneh wrote:
I am using Postgres 9.3.2 and the application I am working on requires upda=
ting views, inserting into views and delete from views. None of these opera=
tion are working from ODBC.
The same are possible when connecting to the database via JDBC or psql.

Writable views is a fairly new feature in PostgreSQL, added in 9.3, I'm gue=
ssing the ODBC drivers haven't caught up with this yet.

It would be helpful to know what sort of ODBC driver you're using...  there=
's ODBC on Unix systems, and Microsoft Windows ODBC, and I believe there's =
a couple different implementations of the PostgreSQL ODBC drivers for each =
of these environments..   Those ODBC drivers are not part of the core Postg=
reSQL project, and likely have their own bug lists.

(please reply to pgsql-bugs rather than me directly).