Обсуждение: password authentication failed (postgresql v8.1.4)

password authentication failed (postgresql v8.1.4)

От
Andrea Gozzi
Дата:
Hi.
I have been upgrading my PG server from version 7.4 (debian sarge
binary) to v8.1.4 (source installation).
The installation procedure went fine but I can't log into the database
with another role/user than 'postgres'.
This is my pg_hba.conf, that I was succesfully using with v7.4:

# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local    all    postgres    ident    sameuser

# All other connections by UNIX sockets
local    all    all    ident    md5

# All IPv4 connections from localhost
host    all    admin    0.0.0.0    0.0.0.0    md5
host    all    bdati    0.0.0.0    0.0.0.0    md5

The remote pgAdmin3 obviously doesn't work and neither does the psql
command if I try to login with 'admin' or 'bdati'.
Users have been created with

CREATE ROLE admin WITH PASSWORD 'xxx' SUPERUSER;
CREATE ROLE bdati WITH PASSWORD 'xxx' CREATEDB;

It's probably one of the dumbest questions but I really can't sort it
out.

Thanks

Andrea

--
Andrea Gozzi <andrea.gozzi@linuxrevolution.eu>

Вложения

Re: password authentication failed (postgresql v8.1.4)

От
"Andy Shellam"
Дата:
Isn't there a specific LOGIN privilege now in 8.1?  In my PostgreSQL
Manager, there's a "can login?" box which if cleared, creates a role, but
doesn't allow them to login.

Have you tried using the "createuser" wrapper program to do this for you?

Andy

Дата:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/role-membership.html

According to the above manual page, the command is like:

CREATE ROLE joe LOGIN INHERIT;

(presumably with your WITH PASSWORD and other grants tacked on.)

Дата:
That was it, now everything's working!
Thanks a lot, it seems like I forgot to read that manual page..

Andrea

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 12:56 +0100, Andy Shellam wrote:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/role-membership.html
>
> According to the above manual page, the command is like:
>
> CREATE ROLE joe LOGIN INHERIT;
>
> (presumably with your WITH PASSWORD and other grants tacked on.)

David
Дата:
On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 01:41:13PM +0200, Andrea Gozzi wrote:
> Hi.
> I have been upgrading my PG server from version 7.4 (debian sarge
> binary) to v8.1.4 (source installation).

I see in subsequent messages that you got your particular problem worked
out, but if you prefer to stick with Debian binaries, Martin Pitt, the
maintainer of the Postgresql packages maintains backports to sarge.
I've been running them for several months and they seem to work quite
well, aside from the occasional snags you hit when running unstable.

The sources.list entry I use for this is

deb http://people.debian.org/~mpitt/packages/sarge-backports/   /