Re: password authentication failed (postgresql v8.1.4)

От David
Тема Re: password authentication failed (postgresql v8.1.4)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 01:41:13PM +0200, Andrea Gozzi wrote:
> Hi.
> I have been upgrading my PG server from version 7.4 (debian sarge
> binary) to v8.1.4 (source installation).

I see in subsequent messages that you got your particular problem worked
out, but if you prefer to stick with Debian binaries, Martin Pitt, the
maintainer of the Postgresql packages maintains backports to sarge.
I've been running them for several months and they seem to work quite
well, aside from the occasional snags you hit when running unstable.

The sources.list entry I use for this is

deb http://people.debian.org/~mpitt/packages/sarge-backports/   /