Обсуждение: reg:conninfo

reg:conninfo

От
"sandhya"
Дата:
hi,

   I am using postgres8.0.3 on windows.When i am compiling a small sample i am facing problem in connection information.

I have given entry in my pg_hba.conf file:
host            all             all                 10.0.3.67/32                  md5

And in my application when i pass host in conninfo as,
host=10.0.3.67...It is not connecting..and throwing error  like,
Is server running on 10.0.0.205..etc
But when i give as,
host=localhost..It is running fine.
After each change i am doing pg_reload.
What i need to do inorder to mention the IP in my application instead of localhost?
Please tell me.

Thank you,
Sandhya

Re: reg:conninfo

От
Robin Iddon
Дата:
Try looking at the manual for the postmaster process ...

A simple way of achieving what you want is adding the -i option to the
postmaster command line which allows TCP/IP connections.  Otherwise only
localhost can connect.

There are possibly other ways of configuring this same option, but we
use the -i on the command line to the postmaster process.

Hope this helps,

Robin

sandhya wrote:

>hi,
>
>   I am using postgres8.0.3 on windows.When i am compiling a small sample i am facing problem in connection
information.

>I have given entry in my pg_hba.conf file:
>host            all             all                 10.0.3.67/32                  md5
>
>And in my application when i pass host in conninfo as,
>host=10.0.3.67...It is not connecting..and throwing error  like,
>Is server running on 10.0.0.205..etc
>But when i give as,
>host=localhost..It is running fine.
>After each change i am doing pg_reload.
>What i need to do inorder to mention the IP in my application instead of localhost?
>Please tell me.
>
>Thank you,
>Sandhya

Re: reg:conninfo

От
"sandhya"
Дата:
Thanks Robin.
What u said is right!
But my problem is i am not trying connecting from any remote client.

In my ConnectionInfo if i mention the host as,
host=localhost.The connection is successful.

But the same if i give my localsystem IP where my server is running..
host = 10.0.2.56(my localhost IP).
The Connection is failed.
Why is this so?Whether i need to give only localhost in my application (or)
why it is not accepting when i gave IP of the same system(When the entry of
this IP is already present in pg_hba.conf file)?

> Try looking at the manual for the postmaster process ...
>
> A simple way of achieving what you want is adding the -i option to the
> postmaster command line which allows TCP/IP connections.  Otherwise only
> localhost can connect.
>
> There are possibly other ways of configuring this same option, but we
> use the -i on the command line to the postmaster process.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Robin
>
> sandhya wrote:
>
> >hi,
> >
> >   I am using postgres8.0.3 on windows.When i am compiling a small sample
i am facing problem in connection information.

> >I have given entry in my pg_hba.conf file:
> >host            all             all                 10.0.3.67/32
md5

> >And in my application when i pass host in conninfo as,
> >host=10.0.3.67...It is not connecting..and throwing error  like,
> >Is server running on 10.0.0.205..etc
> >But when i give as,
> >host=localhost..It is running fine.
> >After each change i am doing pg_reload.
> >What i need to do inorder to mention the IP in my application instead of
localhost?
> >Please tell me.
> >
> >Thank you,
> >Sandhya

Re: reg:conninfo

От
"Andy Shellam"
Дата:
Sandhya,

You have mentioned 3 different IP addresses for your server in this topic so
far.

Your pg_hba.conf entry says "10.0.3.67/32" - which means only that IP can
connect - the IP address/range in pg_hba.conf should be your client IP (if
this is on the same server as PGSQL, the best way is to use 127.0.0.1 (the
system default localhost IP)).

Your application appears to be trying to connect to 10.0.0.205, which is
different to the one you've just said your server is 10.0.2.56.

Do an "ifconfig" on the console and find out what network adapters there are
in your server, and what IPs they're bound to - then in your postgresql.conf
bind PostgreSQL to one of them (if you have multiple adapters) (using the
listen_address=... option - then you can use that IP to specify as the
connection IP in your application.

But you need to get some consistency in the IPs your server is listening on,
and your application is trying to connect to.

Andy

> Try looking at the manual for the postmaster process ...
>
> A simple way of achieving what you want is adding the -i option to the
> postmaster command line which allows TCP/IP connections.  Otherwise only
> localhost can connect.
>
> There are possibly other ways of configuring this same option, but we
> use the -i on the command line to the postmaster process.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Robin
>
> sandhya wrote:
>
> >hi,
> >
> >   I am using postgres8.0.3 on windows.When i am compiling a small sample
i am facing problem in connection information.

> >I have given entry in my pg_hba.conf file:
> >host            all             all                 10.0.3.67/32
md5

> >And in my application when i pass host in conninfo as,
> >host=10.0.3.67...It is not connecting..and throwing error  like,
> >Is server running on 10.0.0.205..etc
> >But when i give as,
> >host=localhost..It is running fine.
> >After each change i am doing pg_reload.
> >What i need to do inorder to mention the IP in my application instead of
localhost?
> >Please tell me.
> >
> >Thank you,
> >Sandhya

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

!DSPAM:14,441e792649411059313318!

Re: reg:conninfo

От
"Andy Shellam"
Дата:
You should be able to connect if you tell your application to connect to
127.0.0.1, and put

Host    all    all     127.0.0.1/32    md5

In your pg_hba.conf file - this is a system default loopback IP for clients
on the same machine.

Why is it causing you such a problem using localhost as opposed to an IP
address? Using localhost (or 127.0.0.1) saves you a slight network overhead
than connecting on your network interface's IP.

Andy