Re: reg:conninfo

От Louis Gonzales
Тема Re: reg:conninfo
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm sorry, please don't confuse a UNIX domain socket with "localhost"
which are _not_ the same at all.  A UNIX domain socket is nothing more
than a file *usually* located in a temporary directory, used for
inter-process communication.  "localhost" - 127.0.0.1, also used on any
TCP/IP configured system, including Windows, which does not support UNIX
domain sockets, by default - _is_ a special network address, the
loopback device and is used generally to ensure proper functionality of
the TCP/IP stack.