Re: reg:conninfo

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: reg:conninfo
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Robin,

I believe this is on a Windows machine (judging by the screenshot I was sent
of the error message.)

I think it's that PGSQL is set to only listen on the localhost IP.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Robin Iddon
Sent: Monday, 20 March, 2006 10:32 AM
Cc: Postgres
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] reg:conninfo

Sandhya,

If you use localhost you will be creating a UNIX domain socket.  If you
use the IP address you will create a TCP/IP socket.

Did you try running with -i yet?  It doesn't mean accept remote
connections, it means accept TCP/IP connection.  Without it, you cannot
connect to an IP address ...

Robin

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

!DSPAM:14,441e84c449416144812637!