Обсуждение: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database

Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database

От
"Stephen J. Thompson"
Дата:

Re: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database

От
Дата:
Hi,

have you  considered the option of putting   "trust"
as auhentication in pg_hba.conf already.

other option is to user .pgpass file but i  am not
sure of the exact details

regds
mallah.

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and

   "India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.!"
http://www.trade-india.com/

Re: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database

От
Oliver Elphick
Дата:
On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 11:49, Stephen J. Thompson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to restore a 7.3 database with many schemas and schema users in
> it. The issue I am having is that there are many \connect statements in the
> backup file and it keeps asking me for a new password each time. Is there an
> easier way than examining the file and carefully following the connect
> statement orders and entering the correct password. (btw there are over 100
> connect statements).

The simplest and quickest way is to alter pg_hba.conf to allow trust
authentication while you are reloading; then it will not ask for any
authentication at all.  Send the postmaster a SIGHUP to tell it to
reread the file.

There is a period of vulnerability to unwanted access while you are
doing this, so you should take what measures you can to reduce it, such
as allowing trust for a local user only and restoring pg_hba.conf as
soon as the reload is finished.

     "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be
      content with such things as ye have. For he hath said,
      I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
                                             Hebrews 13:5

Re: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database

Дата:
"Stephen J. Thompson" <stephen@cass-ltd.co.uk> writes:
> I am trying to restore a 7.3 database with many schemas and schema users in
> it. The issue I am having is that there are many \connect statements in the
> backup file and it keeps asking me for a new password each time. Is there an
> easier way than examining the file and carefully following the connect
> statement orders and entering the correct password. (btw there are over 100
> connect statements).

Use a non-password-based authentication method (TRUST even, if you are
the only person on the machine).  Or if you can re-dump, use -X
use-set-session-authorization (I'm really not sure why we haven't made
this the default...)

            regards, tom lane

Re: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:49:25 +0100,
  "Stephen J. Thompson" <stephen@cass-ltd.co.uk> wrote:

Re: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database

От
Jonathan Gardner
Дата: