Re: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 11:49, Stephen J. Thompson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to restore a 7.3 database with many schemas and schema users in
> it. The issue I am having is that there are many \connect statements in the
> backup file and it keeps asking me for a new password each time. Is there an
> easier way than examining the file and carefully following the connect
> statement orders and entering the correct password. (btw there are over 100
> connect statements).

The simplest and quickest way is to alter pg_hba.conf to allow trust
authentication while you are reloading; then it will not ask for any
authentication at all.  Send the postmaster a SIGHUP to tell it to
reread the file.

There is a period of vulnerability to unwanted access while you are
doing this, so you should take what measures you can to reduce it, such
as allowing trust for a local user only and restoring pg_hba.conf as
soon as the reload is finished.

     "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be
      content with such things as ye have. For he hath said,
      I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
                                             Hebrews 13:5

Сообщение: Re: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database
Сообщение: Re: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database