Re: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Urgent: Restoring many schemas in a database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:49:25 +0100,
  "Stephen J. Thompson" <stephen@cass-ltd.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to restore a 7.3 database with many schemas and schema users in
> it. The issue I am having is that there are many \connect statements in the
> backup file and it keeps asking me for a new password each time. Is there an
> easier way than examining the file and carefully following the connect
> statement orders and entering the correct password. (btw there are over 100
> connect statements).

Assuming you are doing the restore on the server running the database
and that your OS supports getpeerid of the equivalent, you should use
ident authentication. You can allow your *nix administration account
to connect as any of the needed postgres accounts and then you won't
have to supply passwords.