Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general

От GreyGeek
Тема Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Eckermann wrote:

> The "problem" that is being solved is, as presented so
> far, too abstract to be convincing, at least for me.

If you say so.  The problem that Mark (Marc?) is trying to solve is that his
ISP doesn't give access to this newsgroup because it is NOT in the Big-8.
The solution will probably not change anything for anyone currently enjoying
access and may be un-noticeable to most if his efforts are successful.

I haven't been able to detect anyone acting as a moderator, and with all the
address spoofing going on I don't know what they could do to eliminate the
spoofing and the childish rants that sometimes flair up.  The volume of
msgs to this group are so great that were it to become moderated and every
post previewed to eliminate bandwidth wasting posts and ego-fights, the
work load would be overwhelming for even two or three moderators. IMO

GreyGeek