Re: I resign as the promoter of the PostgreSQL groups.

От Woodchuck Bill
Тема Re: I resign as the promoter of the PostgreSQL groups.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
kmorgan@spamcop.net (Kathy Morgan) wrote in

> Max <maxdl@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I've seen these forged emails on the mailing list, plus a few
>> other colorfull ones. You should see that people on the list are not
>> completely against this idea, and they are not fooled by those forged
>> emails.
>>
>> PLEASE do not give up.
>>
>> What you are facing is an identity issue with the postgresql users.
>
> It's also quite likely, as Rebecca Ore said, that the forged emails
> really have nothing to do with the postgresql users.  news.groups and
> its denizens have been under attack for the past several months by a
> troll who, among other things, forges offensive posts to groups
> affected by current proposals.  I think he had taken a short vacation
> and is now back to again disrupt proceedings here by making life
> miserable for people discussing new groups.

Kathy and Rebecca are right. I just looked at the mailing list. The headers
are the same as those of the usual forger, and at least one person has
named one of the same suspects[1]. This is a disgrace.

Mike, please reconsider your position. Your second RFD looks really good,
and the 5 groups that you chose are right on the money. You are a good
proponent. You've taken all of the feedback into account, good and bad, and
implemented the appropriate changes. Don't let this kook thwart your
efforts.

[1] Message-ID: <87r7n0g6r4.fsf@stark.xeocode.com>

http://tinyurl.com/624dy

--