Re: shrinking physical space used

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: shrinking physical space used
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> i've got a database that takes up 4G of space.  when i run a script that
> deletes all rows and then vacuum, the data directory gets down to
> around 3-3.5G.  what i'd like is to get a blank database structure that
> really contains no data at all, or any unused space at all.  apparently
> that's not what i'm getting now.  is there a way to get this apart from
> dump, initdb, restore?  i figure that if i could dump/initdb/restore i'd
> probably get a data directory with around 30MB only.

You likely need to run VACUUM one way or another and also
REINDEX. Will likely need some downtime but *will* eventually
alleviate your troubles. As for VACUUM be aware of the
*_fsm_pages_* parameter to be set appropriately.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346