Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general

От William Yu
Тема Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> ???  As a longstanding reader of the pgsql-
> mailinglists, (including via news.postgresql.org on
> occasion), all I see is some outsiders trying to help
> us "fix" a problem that does not exist.  And yes, I
> have read most of the messages that have passed by in
> these threads.  After all that, I still don't see the
> benefit.

To me, this sounds pretty elitist and exclusionary. Is there a reason
why you would not want more people particpating in the discussions here?
  I myself never participated here until I figured out I could point a
usenet reader to news.postgresql.org to view and reply to the list. No
way I was going to get hundreds of messages a day in my inbox.

As for why not just keep the same system, there are times when
news.postgresl.org runs like a dog. 2 or 3 days out of a month, messages
take 5 or more seconds to come up. If I and others could use our local
news servers, that's less bandwidth, less load for the postgres servers.
  And that means someone, somewhere is paying less for their
contributions to the PG project.