Re: pg Windows to PG FreeBSD

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: pg Windows to PG FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:05 PM, herbey zepeda <zepedaherbey@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> I have one install of postgresql in Windows, and a second in FreeBSD. Both
> are the 8.4 version
> I am trying to connect from the windows install to the FreeBSD server
> install
>

> psql -h 10.10.90.125 -U myUser -d template1
>
> and the result is:
>

> "Could not connect to server connection refused....is the server running on
> host .... and accepting tcp/ip connections on port 5432?"

So, the windows machine can't get to port 5432 on the bsd machine.
The problem can be anything from a firewall (exxternal) to the app not
running on the host machine.

Does that same string work on the bsd box?

> I searched in severa places, one of them is:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/server-start.html
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/runtime-config-connection.html
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/postgres-allow-remote-access-tcp-connection.html
> in addition to the manual,
>
> I do not have the same problem when I try a Windows to Windows connection.

Of course, the problem is likely that the bsd box isn't answering on
that port for whatever reason.

> I already placed the "*" in the listen_addresses option and  "host all all
> 10.10.90.0/24 trust".

Where did you change this?  On the bsd box or the windows box (should
be bsd)  If on bsd did you then restart the server on bsd?