Re: pg Windows to PG FreeBSD

От herbey zepeda
Тема Re: pg Windows to PG FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I appologize,

I did everything as stated in the manuals and more, but I did not remove the comment character from the configuration file postgres.conf. The connection from pg WIndows to pg Freebsd was succesful,

thanks for your reply

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:05 PM, herbey zepeda <zepedaherbey@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> I have one install of postgresql in Windows, and a second in FreeBSD. Both
> are the 8.4 version
> I am trying to connect from the windows install to the FreeBSD server
> install
>

> psql -h 10.10.90.125 -U myUser -d template1
>
> and the result is:
>

> "Could not connect to server connection refused....is the server running on
> host .... and accepting tcp/ip connections on port 5432?"

So, the windows machine can't get to port 5432 on the bsd machine.
The problem can be anything from a firewall (exxternal) to the app not
running on the host machine.

Does that same string work on the bsd box?
Of course, the problem is likely that the bsd box isn't answering on
that port for whatever reason.

> I already placed the "*" in the listen_addresses option and  "host all all
> 10.10.90.0/24 trust".

Where did you change this?  On the bsd box or the windows box (should
be bsd)  If on bsd did you then restart the server on bsd?