Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Дата
Re: Extensions, this time with a patch  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> You could argue that either way I guess.  The script knows what it
> needs, but OTOH just about every extension there is will probably
> be generating useless NOTICEs unless something is done, so maybe
> the extension management code should take care of it for them.

Either way is the key here too, so please find attached a revised (v5)
patch which will force log_min_messages and client_min_messages to
WARNING while the script is run.

v5 also contains the \dx bug fix about repalloc.

Please note that I didn't touch any contrib yet, so that hstore will
still dump its full script here:

dim=# create extension isn;
NOTICE:  Installing extension 'isn' from '/Users/dim/pgsql/exts/share/contrib/isn.sql', with user data
CREATE EXTENSION
dim=# create extension hstore;
NOTICE:  Installing extension 'hstore' from '/Users/dim/pgsql/exts/share/contrib/hstore.sql', with user data
WARNING:  => is deprecated as an operator name
DETAIL:  This name may be disallowed altogether in future versions of PostgreSQL.
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "/* contrib/hstore/hstore.sql.in */

The script follows here. Maybe 9.1 is when to deprecate => as an
operator name in the hstore official extension? :)

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Of course the git repo is still maintained for those prefering it:
  http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-extension.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/extension

Вложения