Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> You could argue that either way I guess.  The script knows what it
>> needs, but OTOH just about every extension there is will probably
>> be generating useless NOTICEs unless something is done, so maybe
>> the extension management code should take care of it for them.
>
> Either way is the key here too, so please find attached a revised (v5)
> patch which will force log_min_messages and client_min_messages to
> WARNING while the script is run.

It seems good to do this in the normal case, but (1) if
client_min_messages was already set higher than WARNING, we probably
should not lower it and (2) we might want to have a way to lower it
for troubleshooting purposes.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company