Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port

От Tomas Pospisek
Тема Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port
Дата
Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port
Список pgsql-general
On 02.05.23 12:13, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 11:43 AM sujay kadam <sujaykadam02@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi PostgreSQL Team,
>>

>> I want to enable SSL in PostgreSQL Database on a new port.
>>
>> I don’t want the default port that is 5432 SSL enabled, but I want to configure another port to enable SSL on it.
>>
>> As per my requirement, I cannot use the same port for normal connection and SSL connection.
>>
>> Hence, we require a new port to be SSL enabled.
>>

>> Please guide us with proper information and links to achieve the above task.
>
> That is now how SSL in PostgreSQL works. It will always run on the
> same port, and PostgreSQL will only listen on one port.
>
> You can probably do some hacky solution to it by running something
> like pgbouncer on a different port and enable SSL only in that one.
> But it will be a hack. I would recommend instead reviewing your
> requirements and see if you can make them work with how PostgreSQL is
> designed.

Oh, I think your idea to use pgbouncer to take care of the SSL
termination is elegant. I don't think me I'd characterize it as a hack
if properly set up. Why do you consider it a hack?
*t