Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/2/23 13:15, Tomas Pospisek wrote:

> Oh, I think your idea to use pgbouncer to take care of the SSL
> termination is elegant. I don't think me I'd characterize it as a hack
> if properly set up. Why do you consider it a hack?
> *t

Let me guess:  postgres IS NOT listening on the other port, pgbouncer is
with it's own users and mappings and protocol setup and then sending
what ever's  encrypted to the actual port postgres  is listening on
which could have been used directly (with maybe on less cert?)

I use pgbouncer btw.  For balance.

От: Tomas Pospisek
Сообщение: Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port
От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port