Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 11:43 AM sujay kadam <sujaykadam02@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi PostgreSQL Team,
>

> I want to enable SSL in PostgreSQL Database on a new port.
>
> I don’t want the default port that is 5432 SSL enabled, but I want to configure another port to enable SSL on it.
>
> As per my requirement, I cannot use the same port for normal connection and SSL connection.
>
> Hence, we require a new port to be SSL enabled.
>

> Please guide us with proper information and links to achieve the above task.

That is now how SSL in PostgreSQL works. It will always run on the
same port, and PostgreSQL will only listen on one port.

You can probably do some hacky solution to it by running something
like pgbouncer on a different port and enable SSL only in that one.
But it will be a hack. I would recommend instead reviewing your
requirements and see if you can make them work with how PostgreSQL is
designed.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/