Re: Argentina PUG

От Emanuel CALVO FRANCO
Тема Re: Argentina PUG
Дата
Список pgsql-www
2008/11/14 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
> Emanuel CALVO FRANCO escribió:
>> Not yet Selena. We generally use pgsql-es-ayuda list...
>> but, after the PGday we think it will be more active.
>> In other hand, we create an IRC channel on irc.freenode.net for Arpug.
>>
>> We need a time, but there's people who is interest on it.
>> In fact, there are mini-pugs that are growing in the other states
>> (cordoba, corrientes)
>> but they need gow up to converts in a really pugs, that's because we promote
>> the idea to create an Arpug.
>
> If it's going to start growing after PGDay, then maybe it makes sense to
> way until after PGDay to create the list(s).
>
> As a completely different topic, I told Selena some time ago that the
> current naming scheme for PUGs does not scale.  If we get a Cordoba PUG,
> will it be copug?  And if we get a Corrientes PUG, what will we name it?
> corpug?  If we ever get a Colombia PUG, what will we use?
>
> I suggest that maybe XXpug should be reserved for country codes (so
> "bapug" and others are already misnomers; it's fortunate that the bapug
> list has not had any traffic yet.  Can we rename bapug to arpug?)
> *mumble* ISO 3166-2 *mumble*

:D  The original idea was that, only rename bapug to arpug.
the same problem is taking place in central america, a problem with the name.
But exist a cuestion: the pugs are created to make an oganization in a
country or
are made for local people to participate with more meetings and contacts?

In the second way,that's becuase we think in 'internal' pugs just for
say 'cordoba's people'
, to encourage more local events and nearly contacts.

unfortunately all these years we were prey to a disruption of many
local issues.
Potentially there are many people interested and working with Postgresql,
and this is what we are trying to seize.

> --
> Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

--    Emanuel Calvo Franco  Syscope Postgresql DBA    BaPUG / AOSUG Member